Propeller wobble in Submerge Scooters N-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Came upon this video on Youtube about a bent clutch plate drive pin. The persont hat uploaded the video stated that it caused his propeller assembly to wobble. Makes sense, as the clutch plate sits on the drive in and it's the drive pin that spins the clutch plate. I would think the milled channel in the clutch plate would need a very tight fitting to prevent any play between the pin and the clutch plate.

Might be worth a try, since you've already replaced everything, apart from that pin. The following is a video of my own SS Viper DPV. Mine has brand new bearings and a new shaft seal. Everything plastic, apart from the blades has been replaced. I did replace the clutch plate drive pin, although I have the original clutch plate. I don't see any wobble and I cannot detect any play when I grab the hub assembly and try to move it sideways.

O.
Good to know, will order one and test that as well. Thanks!

Eventually it will end up wobbling again. They all do eventually for just that reason. The old alum Hancock blades were actually drilled and balanced, that seemed to cure a lot of problems and give some extra oomph. I bet when you turn the blade to the highest pitch a lot of the play disappears from the assembly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom