profile pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Help! My avatar is stuck with the pic of my goofy twin brother! I can't seem to change it! My new pic uploaded but isn't showing.

I just changed both my avatar and profile pics, no problem, auto resizing worked fine. Buy a new computer and try again.

BTW, you used the two terms interchangeably - they are different, you know?

good, I think you need a new one.

where is that sharp outfit you keep spoutin about?

good, I think you need a new one.

where is that sharp outfit you keep spoutin about?

If I could borrow JB's uniform I would be HANDSOME!

I wasn't gonna say it...
I'm an idiot.
But okay.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An avatar (abbreviations include AV, ava, avie, avy, avi, avvie, avis, avies, avii, and avvy) is an Internet user's representation of himself or herself, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games,[1] a two-dimensional icon (picture) used on Internet forums and other communities,[2][3] or a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs. The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.[4]

Origin
In English, the word has come to mean "an embodiment, a bodily manifestation of the Divine." However, the Sanskrit word Avatara means "the descent of God" or simply "incarnation." The term is used primarily in Hindu texts. For example, Krishna is the eighth avatar (incarnation) of Vishnu the Preserver, whom many Hindus worship as God. The Dasavatara are ten particular "great" incarnations of Vishnu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom