Problems with our new sl961

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhhoback

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After talking with everyone prior to christmas I decided to go with the new SL961 for my hubbie for his Christmas gift instead of the older models.

He is in love with it. But there seems to be an issue that maybe causing it turn on and off inconsistently. Even with brand new batteries the red light will sometimes come on and then sometimes not. If you bump it from the side the light may come on if it was not already on or vise-versa. I'm guessing that it has some sort of loose contact or wire?

Really noticed this yesterday when we went to the pool to practice with it and we only able to use it about 50% of the time.

Is there something we might be doing wrong or should we just contact the retailer and ask for a replacement.

Lari

Hello Lari.

it does like there is a loose contact somewhere, might be the battery box or it could be a loose solder connection. I would recommend sending it back to us for servicing. You can either go through your dealer where purchased or send it back directly to us following the directions on our website at the following link: Sevice Center

Thanks Sealife Joe
Called and spoke with Debbie...she was most helpful. She is sending me the paperwork to get it back to you guys. So we can get the issue handled and get squared away to take lots of pictures on our upcoming Manatee trip.
Thanks again for help!!

Back
Top Bottom