New Genesis 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question for you cave/fresh water divers using the G2.1. How much weight do you have at the backend? Mine is configured for salt water using a 1lb weight. Should I be okay using .5lb to achieve a neutrally buoyant DPV? I don't have any accessories on the DPV, only a 2 inch webbing carry handle, an SK8 wrist mount compass & the two tow cords/leashes.

Plan to dive Lake Tahoe in a few weeks. It will be my first time using the DPV in fresh water and at altitude.

You'll want to take most of that lead out for fresh water. Simple math check is that seawater is about 2.5% more dense than freshwater. DPV and compass is about 34lbs, so 34 x .025 = 0.85lbs that needs to come out.

Cheers,
Jon

Hello, is the update to the table named "Genesis DPV battery capacity based on resting voltage" inside the Sentry manual complete for DPV v2.1?

Does anyone know if Jon is alright? He has not answered already for more than a month!

Does anyone know if Jon is alright? He has not answered already for more than a month!
Haven't heard from him. Did your question get answered? Maybe its a good excuse to shoot him an email

Send him an email. We talked a few days ago. All is well and they are super busy.

Does anyone have a suggested instrument for vacuum or pressure testing?

Does anyone have a suggested instrument for vacuum or pressure testing?
It's totally unnecessary on the Genesis by design. There's no shaft seal, and you don't need to open it to recharge it.

It's totally unnecessary on the Genesis by design. There's no shaft seal, and you don't need to open it to recharge it.

The Logic/Genesis website specifically touts the feature of "Pressure and vacuum test port".

And you do need to open it to change weighting between diving in fresh and salt water, don't you? For some people, that could be relatively frequent...

So, how DO you test it? The website says the port is "Standard SAE -4 port (same as a high pressure port on a regulator)." It later implies that to test it you put positive pressure into the hull and submerge the scooter, then look for bubbles. But, how do you actually put the positive pressure in? I feel safe in saying that you don't connect the port on the scooter to the HP port on a reg and feed it 3000 psi...

The Logic/Genesis website specifically touts the feature of "Pressure and vacuum test port".

And you do need to open it to change weighting between diving in fresh and salt water, don't you? For some people, that could be relatively frequent...

So, how DO you test it? The website says the port is "Standard SAE -4 port (same as a high pressure port on a regulator)." It later implies that to test it you put positive pressure into the hull and submerge the scooter, then look for bubbles. But, how do you actually put the positive pressure in? I feel safe in saying that you don't connect the port on the scooter to the HP port on a reg and feed it 3000 psi...
There's a port, its 99.9% for Jon to use.
You can use a brake vacuum pump like we all did in days of yore with Gavins. But unlike on scooters with consumable and user replacable shaft seals, it's not necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom