Problem with Poseidon x-stream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex801

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey everyone I’m Alex a diver from the uk. Please don’t hold that against me 😂

Iv got lots of x-stream deep regs like 7 sets and I love them

I just acquired my most recent set used and the octopus just isn’t breathing right. It breathes but you really have to pull the air out of it. It’s definitely a 2nd stage problem as if ruled out the first stage with mixing and matching.

I will be getting this set serviced of course but does anyone have an idea of the problem? These regs are a pain as in there is no flow adjuster

Thanks for any replies

it's most likely needing a new servo valve
Interesting you say that as on partial strip down “very partial” the end of that valve which touches the purge cover is not straight like my other second second stages it’s offset meaning you have to push the purge button hard to purge

Attachments

• 2EB7F295-70FE-4B96-BE87-6ED71D32DA11.jpeg
    2EB7F295-70FE-4B96-BE87-6ED71D32DA11.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 49
Interesting you say that as on partial strip down “very partial” the end of that valve which touches the purge cover is not straight like my other second second stages it’s offset meaning you have to push the purge button hard to purge
either the spring is bent or the seat is misshapen. Not uncommon on older ones. Not sure what pricing on the servo valves are these days but it does require replacing

either the spring is bent or the seat is misshapen. Not uncommon on older ones. Not sure what pricing on the servo valves are these days but it does require replacing
So I took a bit of a chance and decided to remove the internals of the regulator I undone the small Allan bolt you see when look through the mouthpiece and unscrewed the valve turner to what I thought slightly and that resulted in freeflow so started again with adjustments either way and eventually after half an hour I have a reserve reg that breathes almost as sweetly as the primary. I wouldn’t have messed with it if depended on the set but I thought I’d have a little play. The spring pin for the purge returns to straight when when the internals were removed and it’s lined up straight again now that it’s put back together

Side note this will still be serviced properly!

You seem like a knowledgeable man. I hope you don’t mind me asking but.
Poseidon xstream mk3…… mk3 leads me to believe there has been a mk1 & a mk2. But internet searching only points towards mk3. Can you shed any light on identifying mk1/2/3 are there any visual differences and is it serial number specific? Many thanks I have a mix of 1st stages some are metal top to bottom and some are primarily metal with a black plastic looking top

You seem like a knowledgeable man. I hope you don’t mind me asking but.
Poseidon xstream mk3…… mk3 leads me to believe there has been a mk1 & a mk2. But internet searching only points towards mk3. Can you shed any light on identifying mk1/2/3 are there any visual differences and is it serial number specific? Many thanks I have a mix of 1st stages some are metal top to bottom and some are primarily metal with a black plastic looking top
the best way to identify the MK3 is when you look at the flat bottom bit there will be an OPV on the bottom of the MK3. The previous versions weren't called out as MK1 or MK2 but do not have OPV's on the bottom

the best way to identify the MK3 is when you look at the flat bottom bit there will be an OPV on the bottom of the MK3. The previous versions weren't called out as MK1 or MK2 but do not have OPV's on the bottom
Thanks for that it seems I have a mix but primarily more “non mk3” are the pre mk3 inferior in performance

Thanks for that it seems I have a mix but primarily more “non mk3” are the pre mk3 inferior in performance
no, but they may have the SS sphere instead of the ruby which you may want to upgrade at some point and also require an OPV to be added somewhere int he system.

Back
Top Bottom