Private vs regular group lessons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they're a photographer's paradise. holy s*** I need to move lol. that's wild!!!
Dont move yet. NW Penn is within striking distance of the Great Lakes. We have lots of wrecks and lots of charters.

Most GL divers will be looking forward to sharing more of that info with you after you've posted your "I'm certified " thread. :)

Yay, wreck diving's amazing. I dive in the south of the UK and we've thousands of wrecks to play on mainly due to the wars but also to the unreliable radar in the Victorian period.

Wrecks are amazing though. The life that lives upon them is astounding. The sheer size and architecture of these wrecks is fascinating; their history too. It is sad that their demise is my hobby.

This is my playground -- it's about 30 miles across the chart.
View attachment 703006
but what you are not telling @kay_ann is that you can't see these wrecks until you smack into them! :oops::p:poke::stirpot::rofl3:

@kay_ann

You may want to add this to your list of dive sites: Persitera Wreck - Alonissos Diving Center There are a couple Roman wrecks in Italy that you can dive as well.

but what you are not telling @kay_ann is that you can't see these wrecks until you smack into them! :oops::p:poke::stirpot::rofl3:
Yeah, yeah. Sometimes we get 3m/10ft of visibility... (Typically we get from 10m/33ft down to... 1m/3ft)

Must take my white stick with me!

Anyway, last year's highlight was a dive on a Dutch warship from around 1670. Not much of a ship left but an amazing range of cannons ~25; some bronze and with amazing decorations including dolphins and fine engraving/casting. Was diving with the Nautical Archaeological Society on the protected wreck. Was quite incredible to be seeing real archaeology in action.

And have to dress as Michelin Man and carry enough lead that you need a crane to get back on the boat afterwards.

And have to dress as Michelin Man and carry enough lead that you need a crane to get back on the boat afterwards.
sounds like Puget Sound diving!

@kay_ann

First get certified then try some diving and decide what kind of diver you want to be ie wreck, reef, local, fresh, salt, warm, cold etc.

Several of us started saying one thing and changed our mind.

Yeah, yeah. Sometimes we get 3m/10ft of visibility... (Typically we get from 10m/33ft down to... 1m/3ft)

Must take my white stick with me!

Anyway, last year's highlight was a dive on a Dutch warship from around 1670. Not much of a ship left but an amazing range of cannons ~25; some bronze and with amazing decorations including dolphins and fine engraving/casting. Was diving with the Nautical Archaeological Society on the protected wreck. Was quite incredible to be seeing real archaeology in action.
Looking forward to diving with archaeologists in May and September too. But viz in the Aegean is a tad better!

Dont move yet. NW Penn is within striking distance of the Great Lakes. We have lots of wrecks and lots of charters.

Most GL divers will be looking forward to sharing more of that info with you after you've posted your "I'm certified " thread. :)
Oh really?? That’s dope. Yeah if I get certified I’ll definitely put up a hype post 🤣

@kay_ann

First get certified then try some diving and decide what kind of diver you want to be ie wreck, reef, local, fresh, salt, warm, cold etc.

Several of us started saying one thing and changed our mind.
I like abandoned stuff so wrecks are up my alley. But I may not like it. I’ll try them all lol

Back
Top Bottom