Private vs regular group lessons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hahaha this was like 2 months ago LOL and I'm doing private lessons. I'd say my instructor gives more than enough motivation and support. prefer it a lot to being with others because I am still so, so unconfident lol.
eta: my online scuba friends are also great.

Ignore Mr Alaskan Bad Advice Troll

Ignore Mr Alaskan Bad Advice Troll
he told me to do breath-stroke for my swim test. not a thing lol. and yeah i've seen his posts in the tech forum and people's reactions LOL not taking his words with more than a grain of salt. also this thread is like 2 months old lmao wtf
edit I'm also pretty sure Jim replied to this thread saying I'm taking private lessons from him so like this guy needs to read ahahah

I felt like I had private lessons, at least semi-private since the open water portion was just me, advanced open water me and one other student, deep dive class just me and one other student, same for navigation. Sidemount class, just me.

I can't imagine having a bunch of students doing the sessions, sitting on the bottom waiting for everyone else to complete the drills, boring, and cold if it's in cold water.

I felt like I had private lessons, at least semi-private since the open water portion was just me, advanced open water me and one other student, deep dive class just me and one other student, same for navigation. Sidemount class, just me.

I can't imagine having a bunch of students doing the sessions, sitting on the bottom waiting for everyone else to complete the drills, boring, and cold if it's in cold water.
my biggest fear was being a really slow learner and way behind everyone else. not only is it embarrassing, but harder to get individualized attention.
and yeah, it would be really boring I bet.

he told me to do breath-stroke for my swim test. not a thing lol.

Breaststroke has its pluses. It's easiest for non-swimmers and with no time limit on the test, the only thing to worry about really is the neck strain. I'd recommend side-stroke for that reason, but that's about the only reason.
Once you start pushing for more speed, it's front crawl of course. Breaststroke is the hardest to do fast.

Breaststroke has its pluses. It's easiest for non-swimmers and with no time limit on the test, the only thing to worry about really is the neck strain. I'd recommend side-stroke for that reason, but that's about the only reason.
Once you start pushing for more speed, it's front crawl of course. Breaststroke is the hardest to do fast.
lmao yeah it may have been a typo. backstroke is my thing now apparently

lmao yeah it may have been a typo. backstroke is my thing now apparently

Well, if you wanna grow yourself some lats, backstroke is the ticket.

Yay, wreck diving's amazing. I dive in the south of the UK and we've thousands of wrecks to play on mainly due to the wars but also to the unreliable radar in the Victorian period.

Wrecks are amazing though. The life that lives upon them is astounding. The sheer size and architecture of these wrecks is fascinating; their history too. It is sad that their demise is my hobby.

This is my playground -- it's about 30 miles across the chart.
View attachment 703006
Any chance of a web link for that image? I can't read the detail.
Thanks

Any chance of a web link for that image? I can't read the detail.
Thanks
It's www.wrecksite.eu which is free to use but you have to pay/subscribe for the local charts.

It covers "the world" and is a great database of wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom