Primary Light - Hand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like you got an answer to your question on the Quest list. It was a good question to ask, as I'm sure others have had the same question.

Indeed, it is clear now. The kind explanations I got in Quest list (trogloxene quote JJ`s explanation already) plus the opinions here solved my doubt, the reason of the pictures was that previously it was accepted to use this way, but after experimenting both ways, and also in wrecks, it was concluded that left hand was better and the system updated, as many already posted. So it is "non DIR" now, although not always this way.

I will get a shorter light cord and get used to the light in the left hand, if such experienced divers found it better even in wrecks, after trying other options, I'd better take advantage of their experience and try to do it better. :eyebrow:

Well, I guess I don't have any other doubts if something is DIR or not, so you will not have to bother with "non DIR" posts from me... :D

I saw on your message to the list today that you were thinking of using the long hose to keep the light cord from dangling. Just remember that if you run the light cord under the long hose and then clip it off for some reason, without moving it to the top, you will have trapped the long hose with the loop of the light cord.

I saw on your message to the list today that you were thinking of using the long hose to keep the light cord from dangling. Just remember that if you run the light cord under the long hose and then clip it off for some reason, without moving it to the top, you will have trapped the long hose with the loop of the light cord.

Yes, true, just visualized the configuration, guess shorten the cord shall be only option, I'll do that. Tks

Yes, true, just visualized the configuration, guess shorten the cord shall be only option, I'll do that. Tks

if you loop some of the cord around your left thumb it should take up all that slack for you.
I do that when I'm going through tight passages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom