New Primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That D26 Chris mentioned is the best dollar for dollar light I've used. The new bungee handle he's designed works extremely well since it can be run like a rigid in terms of switching hands but I also look one piece of bungee behind my thumb for when I want a light to stay in place (you can still remove easily).
That said I prefer a can and I've got an UWLD.

Tillytec mini uni, choose your LED module. 21700 battery but will also run on an18650 and AAAs, triple beefy O ring sealed, very robust.

Website is a bit clunky.

Do Tillytec lights use constant output drivers these days? Or if not how is the output realistically on e.g. a single 21700 after 30min or 60min as opposed to 0min?

I agree 100% that a can is the best option but I don't like the handles. I'm more inclined to try one again now that I have a T handle on my scoot and swapping hands isn't as tasking as it with with the stupid thumb trigger. It's so not as simple as swapping a handheld over though.

I was never a big fan either and for the last 2 years I have been using the Razor soft mount (as much as I am not a fan of the Razor cult following I will admit the light mount is about there only good product) Razor Hand Mount + Light Holder also here is there very cheesy sales video showing how it works don't mind the helmet mounting shenanigans.

It basically fits over your hand like a fingerless glove and I just 3M VHB tape the "U" mount to my light head. It is pretty nifty and I can scooter all day with it on while holding my scooter handle. I currently use it on my UWLD and Gralmarine. Works great!!! Also for light recommendation really cant say enough great things about those. Can't go wrong with and UWLD or Gralmarine, but both are canister lights.

1724492632498.png

I use the razor mount as well, I especially like the helmet mount. It works fine with canister and handheld lights. I used a couple of zip ties to attach the part that goes on the light with a piece of bicycle inner tube underneath to provide some extra friction. Going on five years I haven’t had any problems.

Do Tillytec lights use constant output drivers these days? Or if not how is the output realistically on e.g. a single 21700 after 30min or 60min as opposed to 0min?
I cannot answer that, but I do know I've never noticed any drop in output over a period of hours. Ask Tilly directly, he'll answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom