Powershot S100 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121 I have been offered the UCL-165 AD and the UWL-105 AD. I believe the UCL-165 will work but the UWL-105 would not. I checked out the UWLH100-28LD prices locally and they're Aus$530 plus another $130 for the 28LD Mount, a bit costly but as quality rises so do costs.

Last edited:
Hi Interceptor

I try and get out there a couple of times a year, always dive with the guys at Oonas, best buch i have dived with yet.

Knackas considering the S100 is 24mm I would consider an 28AD or 28LD mount as otherwise you need to zoom in two steps and it would vignette severely with the risk of soft corners. I have an S95 that is 28mm so 35mm is only one step away and the quality is good
I had the lenses already so my starting point is different if you don't have lenses as a start the fisheye 28M52 is the best option and you can get yourself an Epoque diopter at 52mm if you need it for macro.

I would be very careful with AD lenses on an S100 unless you can test it. The fact that the S100 has an 24m lens is the reason why I actually bought an S95. I have a full set of AD lenses and I did not want to bin them. If I started fresh the fisheye lens at $399 plus tax is a bargain though I do prefer bayonet mounts. Screwing a large lens on and off is painful and in some places you have to do that.

I can test to my hearts content as my mate has given the lenses and strobe to me to play with for as long as I like but no mount for an S100 though. I am going to order my camera and housing by the end of this week and maybe the fisheye. Seeing as I'm starting from scratch I think it best I follow the good advice you have given me,
thanks Knackas

No problems Knackas at the end of the day the bayonet mount is useful only when you change lens on the same dive or if you need to remove your lens during the dive (wide to macro)
I have a Sanyo Xacti HD2000 and I attach an Inon UWL100 to the housing using a 67 thread. At times I have to remove the lens to shoot macro, the lens is 370 grams negative and I screw it on a home made wrist band lens holder. I can tell you it is a right pain to screw and unscrew the lens though with the wrist holder I manage to do everything with one hand.

You will need to find a proper set up to attach your lens when you want to remove in order not to loose it as a lens so big simply can't go in a pouch attached to your BCD in my view. As far as I have seen there are no lens holders that can take a 52mm thread so you will need to do some search or even get some DIY. Without a lens holder I would not even attempt at removing such a lens in water for fear of loosing it

Hi

Newbie here, just signed up, i had a look at the Patima housing at the London international dive show a few weeks ago, i decided to go for the Fix S100 housing by Fisheye, quality piece of kit, managed to get the Fix uwl-28m52 wide angle lens today, will get to try it out in Egypt in just over a week.

View attachment 122219

Hi Dean, i just purchased a FIX S100 case too and I'm eyeing the same wide angle lens as yours. Are you getting any vignetting on that lens when in 24mm?

Thanks!

I have the FIX housing for the S95, and it has been outstanding for my uses. Intuitive and clearly labeled controls. All functions are accessible.
Compact, tough, versatile, just slightly negatively buoyant. Compatible with a number of wet lenses.

You certainly have a number of good choices for housings and the S100 is a great little camera. Good luck!

In response to krystofer08 the lens does vignette at 24mm as you can see from the fisheye website yourself
Right now there are no lenses tag don't with a 24mm equivalent
With the s95 there is no vignetting

Hi Interceptor121, thanks for your response. I see. How about comparing it to UWL-04? I read in one site that UWL-04 captures sharper image than UWL-28m52? Is that true? Thanks!

The uwl is only for the G series so that does not apply here you need something that can go on the mount you have
The uwl28m52 pictures look good to me not as good as an inon but at half the price depends what you can afford

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom