Powershot S100 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow it is rather soft, I didn't expect that. Thanks for the run down. I dive with thin gloves in 8 degree C water at the coldest in winter so I might have to go with the Recsea.

Thanks Rob, good to hear about the quality of the Recsea housing. You must have a taken a few shots over the 15 dives and got a bit of a handle on the set up, how did the shots come out? Do you have any lenses for the housing?

I guess I should mention that for the price, it had better be good! ;-) but so far it has met my expectations. I haven't had the chance to try it tropical yet, only in my local cold water location, where conditions are quite challenging and lately the viz has been bad, but a couple of weeks ago, I did get a couple of shots that I am quite happy with, that you can see here:

Easter Sunday Dive

I haven't got any accessory lens yet, but am thinking about it. So far, the macro is quite decent on its own, and it shoots wide enough that I haven't really felt the need for a W/A lens yet, but probably would be nice to have for shooting big stuff. In our local cold waters, it's pretty much macro only.

Hi

Newbie here, just signed up, i had a look at the Patima housing at the London international dive show a few weeks ago, i decided to go for the Fix S100 housing by Fisheye, quality piece of kit, managed to get the Fix uwl-28m52 wide angle lens today, will get to try it out in Egypt in just over a week.

housing.jpg

That fisheye fix set up looks really good. Is the lens screwing on the housing or is a quick adapter Dean13579?
Where in Surrey are you based?

Hi Knackas
Not had the chance as i only got the wide angle yesterday, seem to be as rare as hens teeth in the uk, the shop only got 4 in and i managed to bag the last one, but will be fun trying it out in Sharm, booked the trip this morning, 2 weeks from May 1st, will post pics and vids.

Hi Interceptor121
It's a screw thread fit, but the quality is outstanding, think they are made in the same factory as the Nauticam housings, i'm in Sutton.

I was tempted by the uwl-28-m52 but I have a whole set of AD Inon lenses and hence went for the recsea housing with dyron adapter
Keep us posted on the picture when you get back
Do you go to Sharm frequently I used to work there

Interceptor121 which Inon lenses are you using with the adapter as I have been offered a couple at very cheap prices along with a D2000 strobe.

Knackas I have a full set of AD lenses, UCL165, UWL105 and UFL165
At 35mm step zoom I have the same field of view of my old PowerShot A570IS that I bought the lenses for
However I have an S95 not an S100, I am not sure how the lenses would perform in terms of sharpness at the edges with an S100 as you need to zoom two steps from 24mm and it might get soft at corners
Surely a 28AD or 28LD adapter would be better but then your fisheye option gets really expensive
What lenses have you been offered?

Back
Top Bottom