Powershot S100 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just checked the price of the Inon UWLH100-28LD + the dome port comes to $1030 aus plus another $125 for the LD mount, wow. Digital Diver have an I-Dive wide angle lens for $499 which is acrylic and you can get a glass version for a couple of hundred more.
[h=1][/h]

Australian prices may be shown without GST and UK VAT is 20%
If you look at the ex vat price they are not so different but VAT kills it
Hi Knackas

Check out this link i found it when i was looking for my lens, company based in Oz, selling the uwl 28m52 for $399 AUS. In the uk i paid £364 or $569 AUS, damn we get ripped off in the UK:furious:

Fix UWL-28 Wide Angle Lens - Fisheye Fix Housings & Accessories - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!

Hey Dean thanx for the link but it takes me to Optical Sales.com who say the are based in Seattle, US. I did go through the check out process to get a shipping quote and it came up as zero dollars, so don't know what's going on there.

The uwl is only for the G series so that does not apply here you need something that can go on the mount you have
The uwl28m52 pictures look good to me not as good as an inon but at half the price depends what you can afford

What inon fisheye lens are you using? :)

Ooops, for some reason i thought it was an Australian shop, sorry, still pretty cheap, Interceptor, tell me about it, VAT hurts.

Just a thanks to all who contributed to this discussion and helped me make up my mind on which way to go in relation to housings for the S100. I have ordered a Recsea housing after a lot of thought and expect it to be delivered tomorrow. It is hard to make an informed decision when you can't place your hands on items that you are spending around $1000 on and every bit of info is helpful. Anyway thanks again.

Thanks Rumrunner, Ive read most of the threads on here about the S100 and the camera sounds like it will suit me. I was looking at the Recsea but after reading about the issues it has with trays I'm a bit wary about build quality, IMO something at that end of the price range should be stronger.
Sorry, new to the Site. What "issues...with trays...and build quality " are you referring to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom