Post Gas Prices near you.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$2.79 / gal Jackson, MS, $2.99 / gal El Dorado, AR and $2.63 / gal Vicksburg, Ms yesterday for regular.

I paid $3.11 on base (Hickam) last week and this coming week our gas is going up .25 cent more. They are blaming it on Rita, which has no affect on us or where we get our gas. I am so looking forward to $3.36 a gallon. (LOL).
Melissa

There still a couple of stations here in Hawaii the REFUSE to sell off there overpriced fuel that they bought too much of under the great democrat gas cap law so it sets at $3.53/gal for regular while next door it's $3.15 ish. They would rather go out of business than take one days loss. No sympathy here. Gas cans here! Fuel is "down" this week so both cars are full and so are the gas cans so next wek price increase won't hit us. Then the following week, it will be back down again. This has so screwed up the refineries (we only have two) and the delevery trucks. Nice work folks! Lets try to control the free market again......

Schools had "snow days" throughout Georgia on Monday and Tuesday because gas was getting scarce (keeping buses off the road, both to save their gas and to lessen gridlock gas usage in Atlanta), and today the temporary gas tax repeal was lifted, so yesterday a lot of places were out of gas. I passed 3 QuikTrips on the easy side of the road on the way home, and all were out of regular (one had no gas of any grade). A couple of others on the "wrong" side had prices for all grades so I assume they had the gas. I finally went to the station across from my neighborhood entrance and got it for 2.99.

I was "relieved" to find out gas on Catalina is "just" $4.38 a gallon for regular. I thought it would be hitting $5 by now. Premium is only 7 cents more.

Unfortunately I can still remember the days when it was below 20 cents a gallon during the price wars. My grandchildren (don't hurry son) will never believe it.

Not as old as you Bill but I rember finding , with my mother driving, 23 cent gas when everone else was at 25 or gasp 26 cents a gallon. I would guess bush prices in Alaska right now at $8 plus a gallon.

Wildcard:
There still a couple of stations here in Hawaii the REFUSE to sell off there overpriced fuel that they bought too much of under the great democrat gas cap law so it sets at $3.53/gal for regular while next door it's $3.15 ish. They would rather go out of business than take one days loss.

Interesting how those stations that defend their practices and say they need to sell the higher priced "surplus" before they lower their prices with everyone else - at the first whiff of the wholesale prices going up the next week, they're raising their prices right along with everyone else. Using that same analogy, what happened to the surplus of lower priced gas they need to sell before raising their prices?

In another vein - the price difference between Costco and the Tesoro by my house is only $0.02 per gallon. Used to be a difference of at least $0.20 per gallon. Rather than sit in that crazy line, I'll just fill up at Tesoro - I figure it breaks even, all the gas I'm burning waiting 15 minutes to fill up.

I drove to Costco to fill up before this weeks jump. Filled the Jeep and three cans to get us through the week. I had to drive 10 miles extra and spent 35 miuntes in line. Savings from teh station down the street? $2 and I spent that on the extra driving. Not again!

3.51 here on kauai this week - cant wait for the new gas cap to come out - what a bunch of baloney - How can they base our prices on the gulf - none of it comes from there - how long until governor lingle gets rid of this -

I have to agree - whats the deal - they have to raise the price on monday when it goes up, but it takes until tues or wednesday to lower the price when it goes down -
It should be called the hawaii gas shaft law.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom