Diving Maldives Season Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think from June to October is the best season for diving in the Maldives.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

how about a LOB during October ? where do the boats sail to and what do i get to see there? thks

hi

how about a LOB during October ? where do the boats sail to and what do i get to see there? thks

Different boats have different destinations. The majority of the boats concentrate on the Male and Ari Atolls. A few go further north or further south.

Boats normally have a description or proposed itinerary on their respective internet sites.

What to see? Mantas and whalesharks are drawcards here, turtles, eagle rays and tuna are common and the better guides are able to mix it up with macro.

Hi,
I have dived in the Maldives before in March (perfect weather). Now, my holiday will be end of August, and I found a cruise from Male to Baa Atoll (8/19 - 9/2) for mantas and whale sharks. Will the diving be more demanding than in the dry season?

According to the information in the first post, it should be a good time, but does the weather stick to such detailed patterns?

Cheers,
Liberty

This first post was to give a general idea about the weather paterns in the Maldives.
So, no, it doesn't necessarily stick to the given dates...

During wet season, the surface conditions can be more difficult (wind, waves...) but I found the diving better in Ari Atoll in this season :)
August was a good month this last 2 years in Ari Atoll, a bit windy though, and september was really wet in south Ari in 2010, and not at all in north Ari in 2011...

This Nakaiy calendar is also used for harvesting, like an farm almamach, and sometimes (specialy this last few years with the climate change) it might be wrong...

After all, we are just some little pieces of land, "lost" in the middle of the Indian Ocean :wink: and the weather can change very quickly (from the good to the bad, but also from the bad to the good :))

Safe diving and I hope you'll have fun and see amazing things in beautiful Maldives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom