Possible fraud using SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for your input.

It seems that it was a mistake by UPS. The new tracking number works and it will be delivered Monday.

I closed the dispute on Paypal and I apologize to the fellow SB member (no need to mention names) for all the trouble.

Thanks again all!

Perhaps you could ask SB to "close" the thread as "resolved".

Having worked for DHL for a number of years I can second that. Pretty common. But, if you don't see anything after a day or so it might be time to start asking some questions. It doesn't necessarily mean it never got shipped - sometimes the origin station loses things.

UPS rarely recycles the tracking numbers. Many customers are given a certain amount of tracking numbers and once in a very rare circumstances they are recycled if the customer exceeds those numbers given. Using the 18 digits tracking numbers with letters and numbers yeilds in the quintillions. UPS ships slightly over 4 billion packages per year. There really isnt a need to recycle the numbers.

No system is perfect. I was tracking a package that "disappeared" upon arrival to their LA center. Waited for a few hours and then it "reappeared". Usually just a matter of time...

UPS rarely recycles the tracking numbers. Many customers are given a certain amount of tracking numbers and once in a very rare circumstances they are recycled if the customer exceeds those numbers given. Using the 18 digits tracking numbers with letters and numbers yeilds in the quintillions. UPS ships slightly over 4 billion packages per year. There really isnt a need to recycle the numbers.

just a thought: if they use any sort of error correcting or mask like SS or Credit Cards do (5th and 7th digits added equal 9th digit... etc) that pool shrinks almost as fast as the fish population on a reef when Lionfish move in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom