Portwashington,Wi Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kind of a rough batch of photo's. The depth seemed to mess with my flash units more then me. My slave flooded and my primary seemed to be going off when ever it wanted to. With a five minute bottom time there wasen't much time to make adjustments. Next time I'll open the lense and go to a 30th of a second and make use of what little existing light there is. At least my camera didn't flood. Happiness is a dry Nikonos. Awesome dive.

Jim

Still, one gets the idea that this is a nice wreck.

SwimJim:
Kind of a rough batch of photo's. The depth seemed to mess with my flash units more then me. My slave flooded and my primary seemed to be going off when ever it wanted to. With a five minute bottom time there wasen't much time to make adjustments. Next time I'll open the lense and go to a 30th of a second and make use of what little existing light there is. At least my camera didn't flood. Happiness is a dry Nikonos. Awesome dive.

Jim

[ Awesome dive.

Jim[/QUOTE]

It was,
Man as you see Im just hanging in awe! That was a Awesome wreck and cant wait to dive her again soon,
Brad

SwimJim:
. Awesome dive.

W.B.Allen
Built 1866
ID No# 26561
137' long
296 ton
2-mast schooner
lost in storm under tow for repairs,after her tow a steamer boilers were flooded and lost steam,no loss of life crew rescued .
found 1975
lies in a 165' water

Hey Brad

I think the steamer they are refering to is the one on her deck that was pumping water out of her hold. I need to get some better shots of it. Pretty high tech for 1880 ya think?

Jim

Brad and I hooked up for two great dives today. The first was on the Walter B Allen and then we did the Mcmillen and Pitz dredge. I got some good shots of both today and here are a few of the Allen. I'll put some dredge shots in tomorrow.

Jim

SwimJim:
I got some good shots of both today and here are a few of the Allen.

Jim

Good,They are Great! We got to dive her less the cam,but then we might miss that shot!Thanks for the photos Jim!
She had to had a major leak with that steam bilge pump top side pumping out the hold!
sad she did not make it for repairs,glad no lives were lost + one cool dive.

Brad
you think my ray gun combo light set up helped?????

Hey Brad! Thanks again for the GREAT dive on the Niagara! I could do that one again anytime. As far as the Northener goes, I'm sure who ever "borrowed" her will return her, and we will do that one some time.

By the way, JP wasn't blowing bubbles in our ears when he told us about the Spiegel Grove now being upright. I read it here http://www.spiegelgrove.com/, plus elsewhere. I guess you can't beat mother nature..or even predict her!

Jim,

Those pictures are great! Thank you for sharing. If you keep posting stories and photos like that, I just might have to come visit!

Paula

Here are a few shots from saturdays dive #2. This was on the Mcmillian & Pitz dredge off Cleveland Wisconsin. The dredge sits up right in 75 fow and is a fun dive. Lots of interesting things to see. Controls still in place, steam valves that still turn. Pictured are a donkey engine and an electrical generator. A work bench that still has a vise on it, and the boilers that made the steam to make everything work. A fun dive for sure.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom