Pony bottle with DIN or Yoke??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of my regs are set up for DIN, but have a Yoke adapter for each of them as well for my vacation diving. My pony is set up with DIN, but have the Yoke plug to get fills while abroad if they can't fill DIN. Go DIN, captive O-ring makes for less of a chance of blowing/shearing it.

Bryce

I don't get it....

What are you worried about your pony having a fill problem being a DIN, when the rest of your rigs are DIN????? I don't get the worry. If you are really concerned I'd pick up a DIN fill converter for the boat you are worried about. I keep one in my bag just in case of a fill problem.

And I don't understand buying a YOKE because you are worried about a DS overfilling your pony? That seems nutty.

Go with a DIN valve. The above worries do not add up to going YOKE, considering your already diving DIN.

BlueDolphin:
I don't get it....

What are you worried about your pony having a fill problem being a DIN, when the rest of your rigs are DIN????? I don't get the worry. If you are really concerned I'd pick up a DIN fill converter for the boat you are worried about. I keep one in my bag just in case of a fill problem.

And I don't understand buying a YOKE because you are worried about a DS overfilling your pony? That seems nutty.

Go with a DIN valve. The above worries do not add up to going YOKE, considering your already diving DIN.

Were all those comments directed to me? If so, I think you misread some of the posts. Not having had a pony bottle before, I was asking others for their random ideas. Many gave them and I was able to consider things I hadn't thought of before. It was very helpful... Thanks ALL!! So, I think (but I could be mistaken) that you've attributed others' comments as mine.

In the end, I ordered the convertable thermo valve. I now know I don't need to have a yoke valve for ANY reason. I like the versatility though, in case someone I know who dives yoke needs to borrow the pony. (They can use their own reg.)

Dive safely all!

Yes my comments were pointed at the responses, trying to convince you of going yoke. Not you. You made a good choice.:D

Back
Top Bottom