Good Price for a New Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

19CF is nice size to have and as mentioned....no need for VIP's if you have a transfill whip. When I use a 3500psi HP120 to fill an empty 19, it still leaves me with a 90% full 120.

I use the same large plastic bin to flush my main engine and rinse my dive gear. Really helps to have a high volume drain valve installed on the bin......also a hot water hose bib out by the garage...

HEysLy1.jpg

8GFYGxI.jpg

64cEtj4.jpg

Get an AL80 from here. I ordered one a little over a month ago and it was just under 300 shipped.
Best part. You can do a full dive with it!!!

Just pick up an AL80

I agree with Travis, I use my AL80 to clean my gear post dive anyways.
Thanks guys, but I guess I was thinking a smaller tank to avoid needing a huge bin/container for soaking pressurized regs underwater.

Get an AL80 from here. I ordered one a little over a month ago and it was just under 300 shipped.
Best part. You can do a full dive with it!!!

$300 seems way over for an Al80. Last time i looked they were $200 new. I see them ~$100 used, hydroed all day long on craigslist. But maybe it's market specific.

I got mine for about $200 locally all taxes paid from a local manufacturer and global exporter with all the certification documentation for the batch and serial of my tank. I was hell bent on the smaller AL30s and 40s at first as my thinking was that I’m not diving with them it’s just for regulator maintenance but they were even more expensive than an AL80 at least here locally. Then I realised that not only do I save on upfront cost of tank but also the frequency of refills and time spent in traffic to get the refills.

$300 seems way over for an Al80. Last time i looked they were $200 new. I see them ~$100 used, hydroed all day long on craigslist. But maybe it's market specific.
If you can find me a cheaper place please let me know. I would like another one and locally they are $50 more than online.

Soaking gear pressurised overnight is ten dives worth of pressurising

Thanks guys, but I guess I was thinking a smaller tank to avoid needing a huge bin/container for soaking pressurized regs underwater.

Place the tank with regs upside down, in a 20L bucket of hot water, for five minutes
and you do not need much hot water as as your gear goes down the water goes up

and stand your tanks up in there at the end to give your tank boots a bit of love too

I was thinking a smaller tank to avoid needing a huge bin/container for soaking pressurized regs underwater.

Makes sense. I have a 19cf and 30cf and although not their primary function, they're handy at times for regulator testing and maintenance, although I'd never bother with pressurizing the reg to rinse it after a dive the sole exception being to blow out an air horn- they tend to deteriorate rapidly if not rinsed and operated in fresh water to clear out the salt. But I digress.

The other obvious benefit of a small tank is you can back mount it or sling it and have the redundancy and extra gas during your dives.

Back
Top Bottom