Poll: How many divers use strictly vintage?

How many divers use:

• I dive strictly vintage double hose regulators

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dive double hosers & modern regulators

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I dive mostly vintage but occassionally modern regulators

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I dive mostly modern regulators but occassionally vintage

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
I'm doing a Research Paper for college on the subject of the invention of Cousteau's Aqua Lung regulator and how the resurgence of the double hose regulator is due to the release of eBay and owners, owners relatives, divers, retired divers, etc. dragging these out of their attics or basements and selling them or restoring them and using them again.

So, I'd like to gather some statistics for my paper...

I would love to dive vintage all the time, because that would mean that I am now independently wealthy, and do not have to dive for a living. However diving 6 days a week , leaves me too little free time, as it is now 4 dives a day, its about enough. I seem to sleep on my off day. Vintage diving for now is a special occasion thing.
Aloha Turtleguy

Since I don't know anybody in my aera who dives vintage, and all the divers I dive with now are trained on Octopus, I only get to use my double hose when I'm solo, and in shallow water. ( Oh No!, he confessed to diving alone!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom