• 9-16 cylinders

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 17-32 cylinders

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • More then 32 cylinders

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger Hobden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This poll is for non-technical divers only: please answer only if your level of training and certification is Advanced Open Water.

EDIT: OK, so let's open this up to all divers between Advanced Open Water diver and Technical, excluding this last category.

How many dive tanks do you own ?
Why do you prefer owning, or not owning, your dive tanks ?
Where do you store your dive cylinders ?

Feel free to post any comments to explain your choices.

I am non-technical but cannot vote due to your criteria.:(

I answered as I was when advanced open water.

Same as before with a few less rebreather cylinders and some more now lost/condemned tanks. Had many before certified as my parents dove as well.

They got stored in a shed (+30-50)

Owning is my only option given my location.

I'm interested why specifically AOW, why not rescue diver? Also interested why it matters if I'm tec certified as to how I store my tanks.

What is it you are interested in knowing?

yeah you made it hard for most to answer your poll. AOW is odd stopping point but good luck.

You own less than zero?
Maybe Compressor is a Rescue diver

I have 4x steel hp100s, and a steel hp130.
I recently purchased 2x hp80s - not for me; but "mine" and available for my use if I need them...so 7 (though I plan on adding a pony)
I chose to purchase, rather than rent, mainly for convenience. LDS location and hours aren't convenient for me, especially for picking up and returning tanks. I didn't like possibly having to pay an extra day if I wanted to get an early start or didn't get back in time. I disliked the idea of paying the rental fee and returning a tank unused if I couldn't dive... and it always stung a little if I had to return a tank at 1500+ psi.

Having my own tanks gives me the freedom to pack up and go when I want. I started started with two new 100s (well, I bought the second a short time after the first). The 130 was found used for a good price, and purchased for a specific purpose. The last two 100s were purchased used for a good price; and I made the decision because they increased my flexibility (if I wanted to do more than two dives on a given day, dive on consecutive days without the time suck of having to run to the shop for fills, etc).

Storage - right now, I'm alternating between my garage and my office, depending on a variety of factors. I plan to put them in a spare bedroom for storage during the winter.

**Edited to add - I neglected to mention the other reasons I purchased the additional tanks. 1) I'm somewhat prone to impulsive purchases, and 2) according to what my mother said about 20-25 years ago, I have more money than brains. (I don't feel like I've got that much extra money; so maybe I'm not as smart as I like to think)

Says 3-4 and 4-8. Which do you put if you have 4?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom