• 9-16 cylinders

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 17-32 cylinders

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • More then 32 cylinders

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two aluminum 80s and three steel 80s.

The aluminums were purchased for convenience, the steels after I sorted my buoyancy out more and wanted to ditch weight from the pockets.

Looking for two steel 100s if anyone is selling or wants to trade for pristine steel 80s and some cash.
I would want the 100s to be in good shape....

9, but I can't answer the poll because I am an MSDT

Non-technical but post AOW.... When do we get's to vote??:letsparty: (3 if you'd a bin asking)
Just an off-hand list of possible non-tech, post AOW: rescue, solo, GUE Fundies Rec, DM, Instructor.
But it will be interesting to see how many tanks people have who took no more than AOW.

ETA: by the rules, I did not enter a choice.
As OW, I had no tanks.
As AOW I briefly had one tank, but my AOW needed 4 full classes and I had 6 + rescue.
Current tanks are 2x LP50 sidemount, enough for one dive without any need to reserve tanks, just to get refills between/after. Plus an LP27 backmount pony.

I may end up beyond AOW before Xmas... but I currently don't even have that certification.

I’m confused.

I get the gist.

My tank qty has changed little from AoW

For Rec diving:

9 x 15l steel - Single backmount
2 x 12l Steel - Sidemount in Drysuit
2 x AL80 - Sidemount wetsuit
1 x AL 40 - Pony

*9 x 12l Steel Stumpy
*1 x AL 30

* Used exclusively by my wife, but since I brought them and maintain them I own them :wink:

The simple explanation for our qty of cylinders

Each month we take a 2 night Arabian dhow diving the Strait of Hormuz. For a 2n trip we use 6, for the occasional 3n trip we use 9 cylinders each.

We could hire Ali (2 x the cost of a gas fill on our cylinders) but Steels hold 40% more gas - highly recommended where we dive.

My cylinders are in rotation inspection wise so I always have enough for a trip. 6 Cylinders generally have 28% , The others 32% which suits our local diving

If I'm teaching I use the shops cylinders

Ponys because we often use our scooters and you're effectively diving solo on them.

I have my rescue, but nonetheless....

2 x AL80
2 x HP100
2 x HP117
1 x HP133
1 x AL40

I have my own as it means I can dive when the mood hits me, and using a tank only ever means 1 trip to the LDS, for a fill, instead of 2, for a pickup and return.

They are stored in my garage.

Says 3-4 and 4-8. Which do you put if you have 4?

As far as I can tell, polls cannot be corrected. "4-8" should be read as "5-8".

Back
Top Bottom