• 9-16 cylinders

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 17-32 cylinders

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • More then 32 cylinders

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own five 63 cu ft cylinders.

I prefer to own as I know the history of each cylinder. I also don't have to drive to the city to rent and then return a cylinder.

I store and fill my cylinders at the fire hall where I am a member. I know the history and service records of the compressor, as I am in charge of our SCBA program.

Divegoose

When I lived in Jeddah back in the 90s I had 16 tanks, mostly AL80s, four AL50s and a couple of AL63s.

We would frequently travel for a few days over weekends and longer to different dive sites by land, as shore diving was the norm there.

Since we could only obtain fills in Jeddah, more tanks meant more diving.

I sold all my AL80s when I left Jeddah and shipped the smaller tanks to Dubai where I currently reside.

When I did my Nitrox course in 2004 I bought 4 AL80s

Things changed when I started tech diving.

I don't know if I'm "advanced" anyway. But I do have a 30 cu ft pony tank, only because my neighbor had some old dive equipment he never used and he offered it to me. So I got it hydro'd and filled.

I don't carry it on recreational dives, my buddy's air is good enough for me, and I'm not an adventure-hound anyway. I have plenty of fun diving rental tanks. And as a mostly boat-diver with boats linked to a shop, it's really convenient to find my tank already on the boat, and they'll take it back to the shop too. I don't dive solo. Except when I have to do something offbeat, like dive the marina to retrieve my glasses that slipped off. It was fine for that. And scrubbing a boat bottom at the dock.

But anyway I do "own" one (small) tank.

5 tanks (1x 15L, 4x 12L), 4 pony bottles of varying sizes.
Prefer to own so can insure good fills and tank integrity. Also less expensive overall than renting (I dive a LOT).
Usually keep them on our sailboat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom