Pockets on a Bilam? (And shell vs. neo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Large "bellows" type pockets are available from 5th Dimension scuba (check out their web site) for $30 each. I recently mounted a set on my DUI 450.I'm not sure how the suit material compares with the suit you are looking at, but I used 3 coats of McNett seal cement on the suit and 3 coats on the pocket and let it sit for 24 hours. The pockets are NOT coming off. Good luck!

opiniongirl:
The Nexgen and whites aquapro are actually monolaminate, instead of BIlaminate (useless information, really) but.....
QUOTE]

Why do they call it A bilam then. That sucks. I may have made a different choice If I'd known. They said it came in BiLaminate or quadflex.

GoJu:
opiniongirl:
The Nexgen and whites aquapro are actually monolaminate, instead of BIlaminate (useless information, really) but.....
QUOTE]

Why do they call it A bilam then. That sucks. I may have made a different choice If I'd known. They said it came in BiLaminate or quadflex.

Beats me..and really it dosen't affect the quality - it's still a great material. I've had whites for years, and it's durable..

No, I think it's really a bilaminate. Think about it. A trilaminate has 3 layers: cloth-waterproofing-cloth. (Or maybe it's the other way around) Anyway it has 3 layers, hence the TRIlaminate. BIlaminate is: 1 layer waterproofing, 1 layer cloth. Hence a bilaminate. A MONOlaminate would be a single-layer vulcanized rubber suit.

Hi,
GOJU do you go scuba diving in Vancouver Islands? Next summer I'm going to Friday Harbor and Scuba Dive, hopefully I get see Killer Whales and not another minki whale!!!

Back
Top Bottom