Please support more flights to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Post #39 in this thread from me,

Hmmm, I just checked Continental's web site for mid August though September flight schedules and now they do have some mid week flights. Maybe they heard from their customers, and are making some compromises. It looks like there will be 2-3 midweek flights during this time. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Maybe we did make a difference afterall.
It didn't hurt, I'm sure. They recognized it as an organized email campaign, but may have helped.

Hey everyone...this is the email I received from Continental today regarding the email I sent to them last week-you can see there are other scubaboard people who received it, sorry if this is a redundant post; I just got home and dont have time to review the thread:
Continental's level of service

change to Cozumel, Mexico (CZM)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:47 PM

"Savic, Alex" <Alex.Savic@coair.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
"edward@divetechhouston.com" <edward@divetechhouston.com>, "Wyndham Sales Manager" <saleswyndham@islandercollection.com>, "'Director de Operaciones'" <Gerentedc@islandercollection.com>, "gavinscottcozumel@gmail.com" <gavinscottcozumel@gmail.com>, "'Isela'" <iselav@islandercollection.com>, "Marta Nieto" <minc@playa-azul.com>, "'AMMJE Cozumel cozumel'" <ammjecozumel@hotmail.com>, "'Playa Azul, Fernando'" <fbi@playa-azul.com>, "susiegazaway@aol.com" <susiegazaway@aol.com>, "Johnson, Laura" <ljohnson@dan.org>, "The Road Warrior" <cindy@cozumelmexicohomes.com>, "Gordon Gunn" <ggunn@austin.rr.com>, "Scubapal68@aol.com" <Scubapal68@aol.com>, "Joyce Mustin" <joyce@bluemagicscuba.com>, "Bill Bryan" <bill@bryansales.com>, "j logan" <jslogan01@yahoo.com>, "Fernando Heredia" <fernandoh@prodigy.net.mx>, "'Sergio Suarez'" <ssdlc1959@hotmail.com>, "Dave and Tamera harper" <kentmorrdave@hotmail.com>, "Judy Kay" <judy@we-b-divin.com>, "Lt. Ben B. Turner" <ben.turner@ropo.org>, "Underwater Adventures" <uwasuzie@bellsouth.net>, "Deep Blue" <deborah@deepbluecozumel.com>... more

Cc:
"Barrientes, Chriselda" <Chriselda.Barrientes@coair.com>

To all, thanks for your sincere interest in Continental and our service to Cozumel, Mexico. We&#8217;re very proud of our long-standing commitment to Cozumel, and know that our mutual success relies heavily on the partnership we&#8217;ve built over the years.

As you&#8217;ve noted, we recently reduced our schedule for the month of September in an attempt to better match supply with the historically low demand we see during that time of the year. While this seemed straightforward enough, your concerns and those echoed by your community have helped us better understand how we can serve Cozumel better. As a result, we&#8217;re proud to be adding a Thursday roundtrip designed to allow for multiple day trips to the area.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It&#8217;s made a difference. Please pass the good news along, and help us show that there&#8217;s healthy demand to Cozumel in September after all!

Sincerely,

Alex Savic
Sr. Director Business Development
Latin America and Caribbean Sales
Continental Airlines

This is good news! I can tell you that flights certainly have not been empty lately - (I realize we are talking about a different time frame BTW).

I just returned from my vacation today and was originally scheduled to come back on the 26th. When I checked in for that flight, they indicated that the flight was overbooked and were taking volunteers for a bump.

Same thing yesterday - there were actually two full flights into CZM from Houston.

Today, my flight was totally full and they were again taking volunteers for later flights. The aircraft we were on today was a 757-200 which is a larger aircraft than they normally fly down here (737).

I'm just sayin :wink:

I have to question the benefit of an email campaign based on Cry Wolf misinformation, tho. Even for the weeks with weekend flights only, if they fill up - they can reconsider, and might add more.

Guess it's not so much "cry wolf" afterall if they took the time to write people back AND added a mid week flight....

A small victory for well meaning, internet based, email campaigns, naysayers notwithstanding....

:D

After I posted yesterday, I emailed Mr. Savic at Continental again to thank him for his considerate and prompt reply-and today received another personal email from him thanking me for my support of Continental.
Maybe I am naive and not jaded enough (I have NEVER been accused of being inadequately jaded)...but I think this has been a pretty impressive response from a corporate giant.

Continental marketing agents are great at replying emails - always have been.

My Cry Wolf misinformation comments earlier had to do with the fact that the following was not true. They scaled back for a few weeks...
Continental Airlines canceled all of their weekday direct flights from Houston to Cozumel, effective mid-August, and has elected to fly direct on Saturdays and Sundays only

Continental marketing agents are great at replying emails - always have been.

My Cry Wolf misinformation comments earlier had to do with the fact that the following was not true. They scaled back for a few weeks...
Actually it was true, as far as it went. It just didn't say that it was only for 4-6 weeks. Important detail to leave out, true dat.

Current IAH-COZ schedule (June 1st &#8211; August 15th 2010):

0910 1120 CO1696 739 67 0
Above 6/12 - 6/27
0910 1125 CO1696 739 X67 0
Above 6/10 - 6/30
0916 1124 CO1696 738 67 0
Above Disc. 6/6
0916 1129 CO1696 757 X67 0
Above Disc. 6/9
0920 1130 CO1696 739 67 0
Above Eff. 7/3
0920 1135 CO1696 739 X67 0
Above Eff. 7/1
1025 1235 CO1670 738 6 0
Above Eff. 6/12
1200 1412 CO1642 738 17 0 S
Above Disc. 6/7
1209 1420 CO1642 738 7 0 S
Above 6/13 - 6/27
1215 1430 CO1642 739 X67 0 S
Above 6/10 - 6/30
1216 1427 CO1642 738 6 0 S
Above Eff. 7/3
1219 1434 CO1642 738 X6 0 S
Above Eff. 7/1
1220 1431 CO1642 738 6 0 S
Above 6/12 - 6/26

I did also additional search and so far September Thursday flights don't show on CO schedule until last Thursday of the month of September.

American Airlines did the same thing out of DFW. They cancelled all their Tuesday/Wednesday flights from the end of August thru September. I had to reschedule Thursday-Thursday. Their commented it was due to the low travel season. They were great about changing the flight without added expenses or charges.

Back
Top Bottom