Please please help me choose!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the benefit of the 100s and 200s being sealed? Is that something that you'll see a difference in as a user, or does it mostly affect servicing?

Also, are there big size / weight differences among the 50's, 100's and 200's? I'm trying to choose one, and my LDS is pushing the 200 (not surprising), but I don't know if it's something that I really need. But my jaw tends to be sore after a weekend of diving a rental reg--I'm guessing that a smaller, lighter reg would help with that a lot. I know that the ATXs are smaller than the TXs.

?

The environmental seal helps keep any particulate matter that is in the water from entering in the first stage. If you plan to dive in potentially silty environments (wrecks, caverns, Texas :p ) this this might be an important feature.

Jaw fatigue can be countered severeal ways:
  • Changing the length (a few inches shorter/longer)
    Changing the mouthpiece (I highly recommend the SeaCure)
    Adding a swivel to the 2nd stage
The TX200 is the upper end of the spectrum of the APEX line, but many people are very happy with the TX50 (such as myself).

Back
Top Bottom