Please keep Denisegg's family in your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw my dive buddy last night at the hospital and I am happy to say Denise was smiling from ear to ear! It was great to see the family so excited...Zach's continued recovery is the best Christmas present.

Prayers answered! What a Christmas Blessing, indeed.

We'll keep him and you in our prayers.

I saw my dive buddy last night at the hospital and I am happy to say Denise was smiling from ear to ear! It was great to see the family so excited...Zach's continued recovery is the best Christmas present.

Thank you so much for your visits and prayers Glen!

--"How dare you take my hope!" Because as much as the doctors know, there is still a lot they don't know. Only God knows when our time is up. Things might look very bleak indeed, but if it is not our time, we will be sticking around.

Sweetie I never let the doctors take my hope. It was not in them anyway.:)

I know that the strength to stand firm and continue to believe; however, comes from the strength and faith of all those combined together who pray and believe and to that I am forever grateful!

The update is truly nothing short of a miracle! More and more each day, he breathes on his on with the trach still in place. They ask him to tell them when he gets tired and needs them to turn it back on but he keeps shaking his head no. He exercises his own arms and legs while in the bed. They have let him stand by the bed twice on his own.

This morning, (ok I am tearing up now) they capped the trach off (they won't remove it for a little while in case he needs it again) and he ate some eggs for breakfast and you can hear his voice, even though it is a little scratchy. He said "I can talk! I can talk!"
PT is amazed at his progress! He is truly a fighter and lets them know every day he is ready to come home.
What started off as talk of months in PT has turned into a question mark as to how much he will really need. He may be able to skip a rehabilitation facility all together and just do PT from home!
Xrays show broken bones are healed! His jawbone is the only problem and they will see a bit later what they need to do about it.

Last edited:
Such wonderful news Denise! I am so glad for Zach and your whole family. Truly a miracle and many prayers answered! Will keep praying for you guys.

You will never be able to have a milkshake, gatoraide, or eggs again without thinking of this time of miracles!

How wonderful that he was able to whisper to you. Rejoicing with you!

A true blessing from God. Prayers and hopeful hearts do wonders. Very happy for you all.

This brings tears to my eyes!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! And I'm praising God for this! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom