Please help me find a new "Non-Suunto" Air Integrated Dive Computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go with the Oceanic Pro Plus and I have the 2011 model in stock (one left) if you would like me to send it to you. If your wife dives with an Oceanic I would recomend getting an Oceanic as well that way you are both on the same Algorithum. The Pro Plus is Air Integrated, already has a manual compass and is Nitrox capable. Let me know, here is a link so you can see it. Let me know what you think?

Oceanic Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1, Air/Nitrox, Air Integrated Computer with Compass ComputerMasks, Fins, BCD's, Regulators, Computers, Flash Lights, Cases, Boxes, Wet Suits, Dry Suits, Log Books, Cameras, Defog, Slap Straps, DPV, Snorkles, Tanks, Cylinder

It's my experience that many of the divers I've encountered abroad actually rarely dive and most do not visit online sites such as ScubaBoard to get a deeper education about dive equipment (or subjects such as deserved vs undeserved hits, for that matter). For these divers, the idea of a "safer" dive computer is attractive, even at the expense of bottom time. Seems to me that Suunto has been happy to carve out a niche in the market the way Volvo has carved out their own niche, at the expense of getting a "boring" and "boxy" reputation for building cars.

Yeah, as soon as I wrote my oh-so-clever airbag analogy, it occurred to me that maybe Suunto's goal was to be the Volvo of dive computers. But then it occurred to me that Volvo wants its cars to be perceived as safer than other cars because there are still, statistically speaking, a lot of reports of people getting injured in car accidents. We read about accidents every day in which, despite airbags and other now-common safety features, someone got hurt. But I read the DAN magazine and the Accidents thread here on SB and I don't notice many reports of people getting bent who were properly following their computer ("undeserved" hit, that is). Whenever I read about one, I'm fascinated, but it seems like it's very rare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom