Planning Time! - California M&G - Sept 5-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just made reservations for 8:45pm at Old Fisherman's Grotto for 14 people.

I've got 8 in my party. If anyone is interested please PM or email me at annmariemccann@att.blackberry.net so that I can update the restaurant as necessary!

Here's some boat information for those on the Silver Prince:

Cylinders are included on the boat. Weights are not included but there are a few spares on board in case someone is light. We provide aluminum 80s on-board. Divers can bring their own cylinders but we do not fill on the boat. Depth depends on where you go with an average of 55 – 65 feet. Water temperature is around 54 deg. We blend nitrox at the shop.

Liability releases will be signed on the boat. Please tell everyone to bring proof of certification.

If you are going to need rentals, please stop by the shop on Friday or plan to arrive Saturday morning at 0600.

Update: A little more information. They provide tanks as Ann Marie said. However, if your want to dive Nitrox, you need to go to thier shop early (they open at 6:00) and pick up the Nitrox tanks and pay a little extra.

They have Nitrox tanks both in DIN and Yoke, just let them know.

Update: A little more information. They provide tanks as Ann Marie said. However, if your want to dive Nitrox, you need to go to thier shop early (they open at 6:00) and pick up the Nitrox tanks and pay a little extra.

They have Nitrox tanks both in DIN and Yoke, just let them know.

I just talked to Matt at MBDC and he apologizes for giving you the wrong info earlier but we don't need to go to the dive shop in the morning if we need Nitrox afterall. You can just call them at 831-656-0454 and tell them how many and what kind (DIN or Yoke) tanks you want. They will have them on the boat and all you need to bring is your Nitrox card and money to pay the additional cost.

So...

I know that I have lost track here...

What are the meeting point(s) for Saturday and Sunday and at what times?

So...

I know that I have lost track here...

What are the meeting point(s) for Saturday and Sunday and at what times?

My Saturday thing looks like this:

Meeting at North Monastery at 9am, at Coral Street about 1ish to dive at 2pm (because of tides).

Sounds good, ill be there at 9 with a buddy and then if Monastery is just epic we may hang back for our second dive. If not perhaps we will venture to coral street as well.

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and been meaning to join the fun, but never got the chance to. Here's my chance, I hope...

Is it cool for me to join up on Sat @ Monastery? Buddyless? Just me and my gear?

Thanks,
Lu

I just talked to Matt at MBDC and he apologizes for giving you the wrong info earlier but we don't need to go to the dive shop in the morning if we need Nitrox afterall. You can just call them at 831-656-0454 and tell them how many and what kind (DIN or Yoke) tanks you want. They will have them on the boat and all you need to bring is your Nitrox card and money to pay the additional cost.

Thanks! I'll call them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom