Planning Time! - California M&G - Sept 5-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys,
I'd love to come on some of these dives, but i am still a novice. (12 dives) Plus, i am only 13.
Could i tag along on some of these dives?

(once they are all planned out and such)

thanks,
josh

It would probably be good to have some kind of written permission from one of your parents.

FWIW The forecast for Monday looks to be the wost day of diving this weekend:

enp.46042.bull.2.png

FWIW The forecast for Monday looks to be the wost day of diving this weekend:

enp.46042.bull.2.png

Hmmm, the NDBC forecast shows it a little different but it still doesn't look like great conditions for diving this weekend. :(

SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT. WIND
WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT AND S 2 FT. PATCHY FOG.

SUN
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 6 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 11 FT AND S 2 FT. PATCHY FOG.

LABOR DAY
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 10 FT AND S 2 FT. PATCHY FOG.

Can anyone recommend a good seafood restaurant for the group on Fri night and a good breakfast place for Sun morning?

Hi, I'm planning to join you at the M&G next weekend. I'd like to confirm the dive site plans.

Saturday 9am: North Monastery, in the water by 10am
Saturday PM: Coral Street
Saturday Night Dive: Location TBD
Dinner: Gianni's @ 6PM
Sunday AM: Location TBD

Interestingly, I called to book a room at the Travel Lodge that Ann Marie reserved a block of rooms at and the front desk said that they had all been canceled. Does anyone know why?

Hi, I'm planning to join you at the M&G next weekend. I'd like to confirm the dive site plans.

Saturday 9am: North Monastery, in the water by 10am
Saturday PM: Coral Street
Saturday Night Dive: Location TBD
Dinner: Gianni's @ 6PM
Sunday AM: Location TBD

Interestingly, I called to book a room at the Travel Lodge that Ann Marie reserved a block of rooms at and the front desk said that they had all been canceled. Does anyone know why?

Welcome back Greg! That's the plan. I'm not sure about the rooms at the Travelodge but I know the M&G is still on. I'll be on the boat Sat, so I'll see you at dinner.

I just called to verify my reservation and it was still good. Maybe at this late date they are either full or do not have that rate available.

I'll call TravelLodge right now. It is possible that they released the remaining rooms so that others (outside ScubaBoard) could book them.

I was going to call and see if I could get reservations for around 8pm. Anyone interested?

Old Fisherman's Grotto

For over 55 years, Old Fisherman´s Grotto has been serving great fish, lobster, crab, pasta, chicken, steaks and its famous Original Monterey Style Clam Chowder. It doesn´t really matter where you sit—every table has an ocean view. There´s a full bar and banquet facilities on site, too.

831-375-4604

Cuisine
italian
seafood
steakhouse
Meals
lunch
dinner

Dress
casual
casual upscale

Atmosphere
ocean view

Bar
full bar

Facility
banquet facilities

Best Of
Monterey County® Awards
2008 Best Clam Chowder
2007 Best Chowder
2006 Best Clam Chowder
2005 Best Clam Chowder
2004 Best Clam Chowder

Just called Travelodge. They still have our rooms open for SCUBABOARD. Did you call the right one?

Check this thread for number and instructions.

They will cancel any remaining rooms on Wednesday if no one books them. All reserved rooms are safe.

Back
Top Bottom