Planning Time! - California M&G - Sept 5-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll most likely be there, but only one day.

Because of the previous problems with trying to have M&Gs at Lobos and the # of divers coming up from SoCal, a non-Lobos shore dive to do that Sunday - to avoid excluding people, etc. would be a better idea. Just my $0.02.

So .... anyone want to volunteer a non-Lobos shore dive on Sunday? :)

I could do an early morning dive Sunday. Where do you think our SoCal friends would enjoy the most?

McAbee - hopefully get to play with the seals.
Metridiums - maybe spot a Mola and possibly lots of Dironas and Rainbow nudis
Lovers 3 - beautiful terrain with lots of eel grass and critters

Sunday if conditions are nice.
Some may be interested in Carmel and Big Sur. I am diving Carmel SB or Garrapata SP in the morning, and then Jade Cove in the afternoon with them.

If rough then inside the Bay or Stillwater Cove.

Sarah,

I'd like to join you guys on the Saturday dive and possiblly the night dive as well. Daniel has been wanting to do a night dive so I bet he'll be excited to join us.

If you guys are going to do the M&G, Pt lobos will look difficult because of the reservations neccessity. I think the SoCal group will enjoy the regular spots that we dive as a beach entrance.

It's for one free to dive and I'm sure they probably have boat dives reserved if they are comming up.

Let me know the plans as they unfold in the next couple weeks, I can then let Daniel know the day.

Thanks,

MG

I'll probably do two dives on Saturday. If it's beach diving, I'll probably go to Monastery in the morning and Coral Street for the second dive.

We just did two dives at North Monastery with Reef Check and walked in and out on both dives. I can cover proper procedures for diving Monastery for anyone who needs them, just let me know.

Here are the tide tables for the days: (obviously there's a problem with the tide table software for Sunday :wink: )

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

F 5 High 3:30 AM 3.5 6:43 AM Rise 12:46 PM 25
5 Low 7:56 AM 2.7 7:29 PM Set 10:27 PM
5 High 2:29 PM 5.0
5 Low 10:12 PM 1.1

Sa 6 High 5:19 AM 3.3 6:43 AM Rise 1:45 PM 34
6 Low 8:28 AM 3.1 7:28 PM Set 11:09 PM
6 High 3:18 PM 4.9
6 Low 11:29 PM 1.0

Su 7 High 4:22 PM 4.8 6:44 AM Rise 2:41 PM 43
7 7:26 PM Set 11:57 PM

Some people are asking about shore diving, could you let them know when you plan to be at Monastery.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...k-meet-greet-sept-5-7-2008-a.html#post3773053

Some people are asking about shore diving, could you let them know when you plan to be at Monastery.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...k-meet-greet-sept-5-7-2008-a.html#post3773053

Consider it done!

Some people were asking about shore diving on Saturday.

For those interested, I'm planning on being at North Monastery on Saturday about 9am and hope to be all suited up and getting wet by 10am. This would leave plenty of time to get in our dive, get lunch or something, then head to Coral Street to catch the early afternoon incoming tide.

High tide is at 3:18pm, so I'd like to catch the incoming tide and get in the water by 2pm. The difference between high and low tide is minimal, so there shouldn't be much current.

I'll go over proper entry/exit techniques for Monastery for those who haven't dived it before.

Obviously, if it's too big to dive, we'll choose an alternate site, but keep in mind that I'm cheap and don't like to pay for parking and I don't particularly like diving Breakwater.

Consider it done!

Some people were asking about shore diving on Saturday.

For those interested, I'm planning on being at North Monastery on Saturday about 9am and hope to be all suited up and getting wet by 10am. This would leave plenty of time to get in our dive, get lunch or something, then head to Coral Street to catch the early afternoon incoming tide.

High tide is at 3:18pm, so I'd like to catch the incoming tide and get in the water by 2pm. The difference between high and low tide is minimal, so there shouldn't be much current.

I'll go over proper entry/exit techniques for Monastery for those who haven't dived it before.

Obviously, if it's too big to dive, we'll choose an alternate site, but keep in mind that I'm cheap and don't like to pay for parking and I don't particularly like diving Breakwater.

Thanks Danno!

Good News! Im on call this weekend (so bad news for this weekend) but good for the M&G. Ill plan on joining for the shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom