Question Planning a Florida Vacation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MudBug

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of planning a two week or so vacation to Florida and need some advice from local divers on how to make the best of it. I am Nitrox certified but have yet to do a Nitrox dive.

I will be traveling solo in a trailer and would like to stay in state parks or others that are located near good diving sites. Due to being solo I would need recommendations for dive shops to arrange trips with or some suggestions as to how to find a dive partner.

It would be a plus if the parks are near areas generally considered safe for solo divers.

Does anyone care to make a recommendation?

You might want to check out Blue Grotto in Williston, FL. You can solo dive there but it’s expensive to get in, about $50. But something to at least explore.

You need a buddy to dive at FL state parks so those are out for solo diving.

I've camped at Blue Grotto in my trailer and it's an enjoyable place for novice divers but diving is expensive and small for multiple days. Devils Den is almost next door but you'd need to find a buddy.

I'm in love with Blue Heron Bridge. Honestly my wife and I like it better than many days in the Keys. It's sure shallow, about 10-15' but hours worth of stuff to see. Diving at night is also worthwhile as the eels and other creatures come out. See if this shop is running any led dives. There's no RV park there but it's a giant parking lot.

The Keys are ridiculously priced these days. Over $100/day to park RV.

Checking on Ginnie Springs and they do not allow solo diving unless you have Cave Diver Cert.

If you’re wiling to do a day or two with a buddy, post in the FL sub forum for the dates and locations you want to dive. You’ll maybe find a buddy which would allow you to dive a place like Ginnie.

If you’re wiling to do a day or two with a buddy, post in the FL sub forum for the dates and locations you want to dive. You’ll maybe find a buddy which would allow you to dive a place like Ginnie.
I'm more than willing to do a day or two with a buddy. I would prefer to have a buddy on every dive.

You can dive with a guide in palm beach county. Several operators put guides in the water for free and it’s common for otherwise buddy-less divers to just dive with the guide and the guides group. Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba Works, Kyalami, Pura Vida, and Narocis are a few operators in north PBC that put guides in the water with you. Jonathan Dickenson State park just north of Jupiter is a good camping spot but it’s very popular.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom