Recommend me a trip as a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of abovementioned placed are for divers with at least few dozens of dives.
Sandals?

Patty does a Buoyancy class that's worth attending, (she's the owner of the PADI shop); I attended it both times I was there. The shop's small, but has just about anything you'd need in it.
Her class needs to be recorded and submitted as a 'standard' for teaching buoyancy. It's short, fun, extremely educational, and you can put the tips/tricks into effect immediately in the front yard. I've been to CCV 4 times, and repeat the class each time; I always take away something new.

Curacao and shore diving with the Dive Bus!

If you are new to traveling outside the U.S., I'd suggest joining a dive group trip, such as might be organized by a local dive shop. Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan is a popular destination for those, or has been in the past, and it gets good reviews. I enjoyed CocoView Resort, as others have.

I'm going to post some links to old trip reports and research notes on some destinations that've been mentioned.

CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip

My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire

8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends

2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites

Curacao Trip Research Notes

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Any of the 3 Cayman Islands could be good.

Richard.

Sandals is only for honeymooners contemplating throwing children in their pool for some bubblemaking.
Sandals has a minimum age (I think 16?); their sibling organization for families is Beaches.

In past discussion on the forum, I got the impression Sandals tended toward rather short dives (not sure how location specific that is), and it didn't sound like something I'd pick. When I looked at their packages in the past, I considered them quite expensive (I don't drink alcohol, so less value for me). If Sandals is of interest, be sure to read some trip reports on the specific location you're interested in so you know what you're getting into. I've never been, just trying to sum up from what others have shared. A forum Search for 'Sandals' ought to get your first hand accounts.

Sandals is only for honeymooners contemplating throwing children in their pool for some bubblemaking

Sandals is adults only.

It is not a great "diving" resort, but quite a few of my friends loved it. Laid back, DM included dives, great equipment, top notch boats. Technically speaking, prefect for newbies. IMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom