Placement of 30 cu ft 2nd pony for videographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soggy:
The content of this thread seems to contradict that hypothesis.

I think you're all wet, Soggy.

Yes, independent doubles make more sense to me in terms of logistics than doubles with a manifold (especially after carrying two sets of those down to the boat today). However, I see little different between independent doubles and my proposed set up of an HP120, 19 and 30 cu ft pony bottles (150 cu ft total air when filled to boat pressures).

CCR is certainly a promising option... except for the fact that they don't scare away the great whites like open circuit!

drbill:
Yes, independent doubles make more sense to me in terms of logistics than doubles with a manifold (especially after carrying two sets of those down to the boat today). However, I see little different between independent doubles and my proposed set up of an HP120, 19 and 30 cu ft pony bottles (150 cu ft total air when filled to boat pressures).
Fewer regs to deal with (3 vs 2), the valves are both at the same height (flip one tank facing out and you have the left valve facing the same way as doubles) and more gas. If doubles make sense, other than the portability issue, independent twins are simply doubles that can be put together on the fly (other than the lack of a manifold and needing a second SPG, of course). They're suprisingly easy to use, especially if the reg on the left tank is on a bungee necklace. No need to search for the reg.

drbill:

CCR is certainly a promising option... except for the fact that they don't scare away the great whites like open circuit!

Hey Bill...I was going through my Catalina archives and I had a picture (along with a fish friend) at Italian Gardens. I was using an 80 Al (that's all I could get) and an 80 Al (Luxfer -that's all I could get) as my slung bottle. It was for the most part a somewhat balanced unit when I dove it with wings and my drysuit. I had the CCR out that summer, but for most of my dives it became a bother - getting 100% O2/sorb on the island + the box was yum yum yellow!!!!! :eyebrow: X

darn...for some reason I can't upload the .jpg! Next time :shakehead

Soggy:
The content of this thread seems to contradict that hypothesis.

Take a chill. Everyone doesn't need to subscribe to the DIR drumbeat.

X - Trained in DIR/HOG/GUE Cave etc.

Mr.X:
I was using an 80 Al (that's all I could get) and an 80 Al (Luxfer -that's all I could get) as my slung bottle.

Monkey doubles. Sometimes it's all you got. :D

He doesn't have any Soggy, which leads us back to page one of why I have little respect for hairy-chested hero's with 5000 dives and 35yrs service looking like a sack of crap with their hair-brained ideas of what's better......lol, of course each guy on the team if they're not solo this go-round has their own idea of what the best idea is.......a real CF, ya know what I mean? LOL.

But then again, being an X-deep air solo diver I am way out of league in seeing both sides of the coin here.... :wink:

I'm worse than an x-smoker, I'll admit it :D

Live with it.

Next dive I'm gonna try a 120 with a slung 19 AND 30 AND 2 spare-airs, I got it all worked out dude, I'll give you my new protocols on the boat......what are you bringin' to the party Soggy? lol

Yeehaa, 10 more pages of garbage........ :bonk:

I think I'll just ask the mods to close this thread since it seems to be serving little purpose except to let a few "newbies" vent while others actually address the question asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom