pink!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, all!

Oxycheq also makes an Ultralight soft b/p in pink. For a regular back-inflate BC, Zeagle's Zena (women's line) comes in tie-die pink as a standard color. And Atomic sells a pink reg coverplate for it's Z2. One of the newer Tusa fins also comes in a pink/white combo. Do a search for "pink" at scubatoys.com.

(How do I know all this? - a friend dives all pink. She found a hot-pink skin also somewhere)

1) Buy red kit - and leave it in the sun for the next 3 years.

2) Buy white kit - and dye it.

3) Tell the short person that pink equipment will attract man-eating sharks... wouldn't she rather have black?

3) Tell the short person that pink equipment will attract man-eating sharks... wouldn't she rather have black?

Tell a seven year old that I want to encourage to dive that (hu)man-eating sharks are just a colour-preference away?! I'm guessing that you're not a dad (that you know of). :)

The most important rule in scuba diving is "...or you will die!".

It's best to learn that at an early age :wink:

This rule is often used to shape perception - especially with kit purchases. :D

Just some pointers on painting fins (and feel free to flame away):

A couple of months back I was assisting with an OW class in what was pretty much zero viz. In an effort to help the students see me I boat a can of yellow spray paint and rattle canned my Hollis F1s. I did a quick and dirty job and the yellow lasted more or less three dives, although there is still some residual yellow streaking left on them so at least no one confuses them with their own :D

For my second attempt I am using a florescent yellow spray paint designed for outdoor use, I am going to buff the fins with 100 grit sand paper and then clean the hell out of them and do it in a well ventilated but not windy area (so not on my lanai this time). I also plan on doing several coats. I'll post pictures here once I get the time for take two, or you can PM me.

Michael

:fishslap:

:scorned:

Back
Top Bottom