Pink Dive Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Wondered if you'd "surface" to respond on that one, Kimber! Did you ever get that pink "unmentionable" (unmentionable but not for the reason you sicko's might think!).

Hey, I may be lecturing at Torrey Pines next month. Will contact you off the board.

Boy are the DIR folks going to have to rethink their philosophy if "pink is the new black."

Sharks and PINK in the same thread -- of course I am here!!! :D :14:

He he he - not yet -- I need to save up and decide what size I want! Ohh - that made it worse. Dive gear to the sickos! :p

If you come out this way -- lemmie know!

Kimber

JRScuba:
What happened to Green????

Sorry - green lost out to PINK!

Join the forces who know what color really is hot!! :14:

Kimber

I don't think sharks care about what color anything is. I'm not sure, but I suspect that sharks are colorblind. I think Mythbusters did a recent show where they tried all sorts of "yum-yum-yellow" gear, and the sharks couldn't have cared less.

TekDiveGirl,

Oh my gosh! I've just looked at your profile and saw your shark photo.....its amazing!
I can't believe you can actually get that close to a shark and even feed it :D

Fantastic!

Melissa

I heard from Gypsy Divers that they had Scuba Pro make a run of pink twins, and they had to buy a thousand to get it done. I am sure they would love to sell some to any 'pink' fans out there....
http://www.gypsydivers.com/

All kidding aside, hot pink is the second best color for underwater visibility. My wife and I spent a whole day at DEMA trying to buy her a pair of pink fins that were suitable for her diving style. NADA. Not only can't you get pink, most of the other high visibility colors are really hard to find if not impossible.

We are actually making a few florescent pink wings. So bright it kinda hurts to look at it at close range.

I'll post some pics when they are done.

Tobin

I have seen one and only one pair of factory SP Jet Fins in pink on eBay once. I don't remeber them fetching a higher price than the Bicenntenial red white & blue striped SP Jets though.

The Mares Quattros in Flamino (Pink) and US Divers Blades in pink were a more eye-popping shade of pink though. Those as well as pink Twinns come across eBay from time to time.

XL PINK Jet Fins --- my kingdom for XL PINK jet fins...

TekDiveGirl:
Pictures???

I think I should do that to my Avalanche!! Nothing like a hot pink 4x4! :14:

Kimber

Not the kind of pictures you would like, anyway. Hawser Noggin?

And understand this:

Hot Pink, you find in trailer parks.

Barbie Pink... you find at South Beach. (Unfortunately- this NSX is on Michigan Avenue in Chicago... put away until spring!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom