Physiological effects of peeing in your wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I look forward to an all body super soaker megga whiz at 75 feet down.
Every dive has itshigh points,
One of mine is that cascade of hot water half way through the dive.
Youmight say its a auto-erotic golden shower,......
However, as the other diver said, refrain from asparagus spears, garlic dip, or onion sandwiches before the dive.
You may accidentally cuse a fish kill off, or coral bleaching 30ft around you!
hahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahah!!!!

Party-on!

Your boat has a toilet?:D
Boats do not have toilets, windows, doors, a front, a back, a left side nor a right side.

If I don't do a good enough job flushing it out, of course, the smell can be a little disturbing. (What's really disturbing: pulling my hood on and realizing that my HOOD smells like pee. Sheesh.)

I recently gave my wetsuit a "Sink the Stink" treatment. Wow. I think I preferred the smell of urine. Now my apartment smells like chemicals.

Pacific Wilderness sells some really good wet suit shampoo. It works and it smells good too.

Baking soda in a front loading washer works great.

I don't know if urine is the main ingredient in salt peter. I do know it's the main ingredient in a salty peter.

Salt Peter is Potasium Nitrate. Urine contains uric acid which is similar in makeup to urea which is a nitrogen source but not the same as Potasium Nitrate - multiple chemical reactions would have to be done to formulate Salt Peter from urea - much easier to mine it or formulate it from nitric acid (often made from natural gas)

ScubaMoose, you're also a dork because of that response.

PS: Most definitely not an insult.

I'm just afraid of what I'm going to do if I have to pee while completing the pool sessions this weekend!

ScubaMoose, you're also a dork because of that response

Yeah I know - it would also classify me as a nerd and geek too. Potassium Nitrate is a fertilizer product and I work in agriculture so that is why I have those useless bits of info.

*high-five to ScubaMoose* I'm sitting here reading up on theoretical single-stage cycle using a pure refrigerant or azeotropic mixture...so...GO NERDS.

Ahem...so, what SHOULD I do if the urge to pee occurs while in the pool? Just go or get out and run inside of my instructor's house to use the potty, while in full gear? (the image of someone running in full scuba gear is humorous, you must admit)

Back
Top Bottom