Physiological effects of peeing in your wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Urine anf you:

All open water dives have several high points.
A 98.6 degree megga whiz is one of the high points of any dive.
I always load up on excess water before a dive to keep myself hydrated, and to totally enjoy that super soaker megga whiz just as I am starting to get a bit cold at 75feet down.
Very nice!
In the old days fresh urine was a cleaning agent for wound if other sterile fluids were not avaliable, saliva was second.
Olde timers will tell you that if yer feet ich- then pee on em. The urine will kill fungus growths on your feet.
And,........old tannic acid for hides was largly urine.
A man was in the bottom of a bldg that had collapsed in Phillipines, he was stuck there for 49 or days. No one knew he was there or alive. He stayed alive by drinking his own urine over and over.
During the clean up he emerged, everyone was shocked, he had lost quite a bit of weight, but was still alive. I wonder if he asked for a cold beer or a fresh glass of cold water first????
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

OH, and for the lady fraid to "pee" in the pool, consider it your baptism into scuba.
hahahhhahhahhahhahahhhohohuhiohoihuhihoohihhhahhahahhhah!!!!!!

Party-on!

rental suit,...................!!!!
good point,....
hahhahahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahahahahah!!!!!

but then, who else "rented" the suit before you????

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

if rental suit - probably not a good idea. Keep in mind that the people that get to clean that suit are also going to be the ones helping you out on your open water. Not saying they would endanger you but karma has a way of evening the playing field.

ill be honest.. i love to pee in my wetsuit. hahaha i love the warm feelin and then the refreshing sensation of openin my wetsuit ankle and flushin water thru... but i also wash it frequently.

Carrying excess waste (poo or urine) makes you use more energy heating it and makes you colder. Thats lesson one of cold weather survival training.
You might say that its hotter than the enviroment surrounding you and therefore a heat resource. However, because the body try to maintain a stable temprature and that temprature is warmer than the surrounding enviroment, you need to constantly heat the waste for it to stay warm. If you boil water and turn off the plate, it wont keep boiling, will it?

why be uncomfortable and distracted during your dive? if u gotta pee - then pee already and move on to study the cute little seahorses which you would miss if you were dancing with a full bladder

All I know is that the reason I even like diving is because I can pee on myself and not feel too awkward about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom