Phuket, why I never go back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The guy got rolled up in his hotel room while on a dive trip...DUH.
First of all, it does not say anywhere he was on a divetrip.

IMO, the main thing with the story of the op is that there are too many holes and unexplained claims in it. I therefor do not believe his story, there is more to it for sure.

.... its ok to talk bad about other places..

This post got imo nothing to do with "talking bad".
It's just a weird and not complete story about a guy getting in some trouble in his hotel room while on vacation in Phuket.

That's one spot I'm taking off my list. You got a legitmate beef.!

Promocop,

Not everything that's posted on this forum is true.
Not all news that's written in the media or shown on tv is true.
Not everyone in the world hates americans.

:silly:

Promocop,

Not everything that's posted on this forum is true.
Not all news that's written in the media or shown on tv is true.
Not everyone in the world hates americans.

:silly:
What exactly are you saying here? That the OP and media is lying? Based on what? Your unbiased view on asia?

Well, at least this thread is good for cheap entertainment.

I agree that this thread is good for the entertainment value, if nothing else. Can I summarize so far: a diver with just a few posts and really poor English tells a story of getting robbed in Phuket. Replies include a few saying "Awwwww", many saying "BS", "and….?" or "delete!", most asking "where's the fish?", several saying "the fish are in the nearby sea", and at least one person, saying he won't go to any city that has ever had a crime committed in it.

I think Kupu is closest to common sense with the first sentence of his comment.

Peace. Out!

yes i love to scuba dive and have ben here before with no problems,i give this message to let divers know what might happen if you are by your self here,and yes a little pay back to the hotel that told me they was in my safe with a smile on there face.and yes when i went to sleep that day i was by my self and the door had a auto lock on it..i just wanted people and divers to know what can happen here and be carefull if you come here..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom