Phuket, why I never go back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick.r

Registered
Reaction score
this might help someone , i was staying at the aloha villa in phuket one day i was taking a nap to see the night life , i had 2 drinks to help me sleep the next thing i know i was in the hospital with stiches in my forehead brused ribs black and blue all over ! when we got back to the hotel there was blood all over the room looked like a big fight they told me to check the safe when i did all the money 2000 us dolars , they told me they got in it to get my pasport and there was only around 300 that they used to pay the hospital,why they get in my safe i had copy of pasport in pants and money to pay hospital.when i ask to see the tape from the hall way they told me the tape was not working on that floor that day ! then they told me if we not talk to the police that day they would make things right, 3 days later 9 pm they call me to the office there and they had the police there with a paper for me to sine that i must have sliped on the floor and and the cleaning lady found me past out , and they would pay the cleaning and give me one free week, what was i to do by my self . and ya they left the cards and my wallet that was nice of them. watch ur ass if u go there.

Weird story. And it has got nothing to do with scuba diving. If you are trying to make a point here please write exactly what happened to you.

as I read it he dont KNOW exactly what happened to him other than hes missing a bunch of money and got the crap beaten out of himself..

Having been to Phuket many, many times without incident - I have to agree with the previous poster.

You are either very unfortunate or there was a reason behind this......

... so did you go diving before this event??? Or am I missing the connection?

Sad story.
But nothing to do with scuba diving or any diving operators in Phuket.

Moderators, please remove the op

And being from Koh Tao, I love a good Phuket bashing. But this........

Waiting for Aquanobs.................

I can understand people from the area dont like this kind of attention, but its VERY MUCH related to diving. If I go to Thailand to dive its of some importance to me to know I wont get mugged in my sleep in my hotel room..

I can understand people from the area dont like this kind of attention, but its VERY MUCH related to diving. If I go to Thailand to dive its of some importance to me to know I wont get mugged in my sleep in my hotel room..

No, it's got nothing to do with diving. Nothing at all.

Getting mugged in your hotel room (if that is really what happened), getting robbed, pick-pocket, beaten up, stabbed, killed or in a terrible accident can happen anywhere in the world. It's more likely to happen to you in any European or American city than in Thailand.
Thailand is imo very safe, much safer than many western countries. Phuket has as far as I know no "history" of hotel room muggings and I haven't read or heard anything about this particular incident on the local news channels or read in our local papers.

Tigerman,

I disagree. In no way did the OP mention that he was diving in the area so from that point of view it's not dive related at all.
Secondly, with all due respect and I like to point that I don't wish anybody to experience what happened to the OP, but this can happen anywhere and unfortunately it does happen all over the world. It's not exclusive to Phuket or Thailand.

All the times that I visited Phuket, I lost track how many times and all the time I lived in Thailand (over 10 years), I never had a problem whilst travelling in or around the country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom