Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what side should I be on as Krabi has better diving than the lot of you..........
Just stick to your rock climbing and leave the diving to us. :D

Frankly the bottom line for me is....We get groups of Diving Professionals from Koh Tao who make annual 2 or 3 day pilgrimages here to get some real diving. Their words, not mine. From what they tell me Koh Tao is a good place for chilling and learning: a breeding ground so to speak after which its off to better and more challenging places of which the Andaman Sea provides. All these persons are very intelligent and very professional divers who have been there for long times. Actually if you think about it its only a little more than an hour from Chumpon to Burma diving or 3 hours to Kuraburi and Richelieu and Tachai. So Koh Tao persons are not that bad off for diving the Andamans also. Personally I have Richelieu Rock as my back yard and I don't see myself relocating to Koh Tao anytime soon.

you're probably right about the fishy corally diving, but we've got some challenging deep diving here, on our lovely wrecks which i keep banging on about.

the guys who travel over to the other side to do some proper diving have the right idea, what an opportunity to drive a few miles and dive a different ocean.

tomorrow we're off to meet a Phuket mate of mine who's going to show us the caves in Khao Sok, halfway across, so it looks like we can all have a bit of everything between us

what we haven't got here on Koh Tao of course is TDA stormtroopers checking our shops out, Thai immigration taking snidey pictures and nicking everyone, and the lack of lady boys is severe ( so my mate visiting from Krabi told me)

other than that we do ok

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom