Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you didn't enjoy Phuket 20 years ago...when the Expat and Bounty Bar were on Bangla and the only disco was the Crocodile and Crazy Corner at Kata was truly crazy and the roads to Kata and Kamala from Patong were challenging dirt roads, and you could see Leopard Sharks snorkeling at Kalim Beach ect,ect,ect... you were looking in the wrong place! :shakehead:

Surf and Dive Charters to North Sumatra, Simeulue, and Banyak Islands.[/QUOTE

yes , did all that, and now you come to mention it ,, it was a lot of fun.

i lived on Samui at the time so it was all a bit sophisticated for us.

phuket coppers nicked me so many times , because of the Surat plates on the truck.

had to borrow money off the lovely receptionist at the Expat so they'd let us go.

never saw any leopard sharks snorkelling though i did see some lying around on the sand. i bet they're all instructors now

Jjjjjj

yes , did all that, and now you come to mention it ,, it was a lot of fun.

....I know exactly which receptionist your talking about.....

Between closing down Boogie Street in Singapore and opening up Simon Cabaret in Phuket (Patong) us normal blokes didn't have a chance...

I think we can agree Phukets' changed alot since then......

Surf and Dive Charters to North Sumatra, Simeulue, and Banyak Islands.

Last edited:
Trevor was indeed an evil fish. I witnessed a divemaster trainee touch him and stroke him during a night dive. He was in his hiding hole. The next day, that divemaster lost the tip of his ear and received four stitches for his trouble after Trevor attacked him in the light of day.

To this day, I have a fear of Titan Triggers thanks to the infamous Trevor.

To this day, I have a fear of Titan Triggers thanks to the infamous Trevor.

He definitely left left his mark on quite a few of us. It took me years and years after Trevor to get rid of that "swim for my life" feeling each and every time I saw a good sized Titan Trigger....

:D

He definitely left left his mark on quite a few of us. It took me years and years after Trevor to get rid of that "swim for my life" feeling each and every time I saw a good sized Titan Trigger....

i know some of you will be upset but Trevor got speared and eaten about 6 yrs ago. he bit one too many punters. ( before you ask they are very tasty).

he also caused lots of camera losses, brilliant

good news is his two replacements are just as minty and continuing to bite who they like.

even nastier and eventually bigger was Tyson at Twins, he managed to steal my mates Quattro fin and swim off with it, then guard it fiercely for hours.

J

i know some of you will be upset but Trevor got speared and eaten about 6 yrs ago.

@: Although I'm all for "peace on the reef" I must admit that in Trevor's case I'm glad he was eliminated.

he also caused lots of camera losses, brilliant

@: I just love the scenario where an underwater photographer is trying to fend off a Titan with his camera (and gets it ruined) or tries to take close-up shots of a Titan and finds seconds later out that the Titan has put some nice teeth-marks in his (expensive) lens...
Some people never learn!

good news is his two replacements are just as minty and continuing to bite who they like.

@: Imo another good reason to stay away from K.Tao!

even nastier and eventually bigger was Tyson at Twins, he managed to steal my mates Quattro fin and swim off with it, then guard it fiercely for hours.

@: I once lost a fin while doing a 20 minute deco-stop at Hin Daeng and being attacked by two Titans at the same time. I couldn't surface, couldn't swim away and had only one fin left to kick them with. It was funny for the first few minutes but I was completely wasted after 20 minutes and didn't dive for the rest of the day..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom