Photographers, cry with me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry to hear that leesa...

i'm afraid i might be going through a mini version of your pain... my PC's alternate drive is acting up... that's where all my digital photos are... 1+ year's worth... but my little girl just turned 2 and we're talking a lifetime of her photos that are in danger of death... sniff...

feeling for you from over here...

Jag

justleesa:
Thanks Miss....that hurts me for you too...

I hope you didn't have your vacation pictures on that net drive jcsgt....wonder how it happend?

You know when people get robbed how one often hears them say, "it isn't the money or anything else, it is how valuable something was to them and no one else." This type of thing reminds me of that. Where your gut is just ripped out. Those pictures/memories are irreplaceable. I definitely feel for you :pftroest: and anyone else who has had this happen. Maybe some new family will read this and learn from what happened to us and back those precious memories up :)

shugar:
sorry to hear that leesa...

i'm afraid i might be going through a mini version of your pain... my PC's alternate drive is acting up... that's where all my digital photos are... 1+ year's worth... but my little girl just turned 2 and we're talking a lifetime of her photos that are in danger of death... sniff...

feeling for you from over here...

Jag

Recovering information from disks is possible even if the disk has stopped working in your pc. Don't lose hope! :)

justleesa:
Thanks Miss....that hurts me for you too...

I hope you didn't have your vacation pictures on that net drive jcsgt....wonder how it happend?

Unfortunately, they were photos from NYC, LAST December (I know, I should have gotten the images from the card onto CD a long time ago). I actually thought I had already put them on CD before this happened, just didn't clear the card. But, the CD isn't in my case, so...

Oh well, lessons learned. At least they weren't old family photos or something REALLY important. I did have some nice shots of Central Park in the snow, though.

alcina:
Lisa -

So sorry to hear about the lost negatives! :( Wish there was something I could do to retrieve them!!

Thank you Girlfriend...I know you would if you could :hug1:

Thank you shugar and jonix, I knew you would understand.

All that have posted so dearly in this thread have made it a little bit easier for me...thanks :blush:

Thanks for sharing Leesa. This reminds all of us that it is a good idea to make sure we have to take good care of those precious images.

Lisa sorry to hear about your negs, it must be very frustrating for you.

Mental note: Go home and backup photos now, to an offsite location. :D

That is absolutely terrible.

This is why all of my negs, as well as a High Capacity Scuzzy Drive, and DVD doubles are stored in a fireproof safe.

I'd def chew them out, but what does that really do? I'd be absolutely fuming though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom