Photographers, cry with me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well when I moved from Germany to Hawaii (almost 5 years ago) I packed up all my stuff and a friend said she would ship my things to me. She didn't. Instead she took the boxes back to my parents and they have been standing there ever since.

Over time I have aquired some of the items that were in the boxes so I told them that all I need/want is my box of negatives. Everything else they can give away, sell....what ever. I just want my negatives. I've been saying it over and over for the past 5 years. Nothing.

My parents are now down sizing - moving out of the family home. I asked my daughter about my negatives and she said "Oma has them". So my parents call me, for the last time from the old house today, and I ask about my negatives....My mother says "what negatives?..... We threw everything away....you never said anything." All my childrens pictures...vacations...everything...gone.

Sorry...had to write it because I still can't believe it....time to cry again...:bawling:

gilligan_xmas.gif

This may be a time for some of my egg nog so that you may self-medicate.

Oh, leesa, that is sad.

Don't be sad..be mad. Chew them out and put them on probation. Think of all the things you now do not have to feel obligated to do for them. See? Liberated.

bummer Lisa, and it's hard to :whack: your parents

I cannot express my sorrow, thousands of memories, gone forever. :disappoin
The only solace I can give you is that some pictures will be always in your mind, children opening presents, first bike, laughter, playing on holiday. Enjoy those memories they will be with you always.

If thats not enough then I recommend an 18 year old malt whiskey.

If it was not an accident, I say stick them in a nursing home.

That is kinda where they are moving to....a community of retirees

No, Lisa, Catherine is right. An actual nursing home is the only appropriate punishment. One where they're locked in 24/7 and fed things like, well, you know what you feed your clients! Yeah! And enemas everyday, for every occasion. Okay, where's that number for Nurse Ratchet?

I am so sorry for your loss!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom