Photographers, cry with me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Leesa, I know it doesn't help, but I shed a few tears for you.
I'm so very very sorry. :crying:

OUCH! I feel your pain. I moved back to Chicago briefly to work with my father in his business. All my negatives and slides were temporarily stored in the basement while we went down to Florida to be with my grandparents for Christmas. During our vacation, our neighbor called to tell us the basement flooded to a depth of 5-6 ft. You can guess what happened to the photo stuff (including my Beaulieu movie camera).

I hope you at least have some prints left. Mow with digital it is so easy to make multiple copies of all the images... but too late for those of us whose children are already grown up. So sorry.

Owww. That really hurts. I am so sorry. I can relate, though only through my own naivete and stupidity. I had five years of photos, including family shots, vacation shots, party shots, pictures from my first class getting back into teaching after 25 years off. Shot them with my first digital camera, saved them on my first computer. Trusted technology :shakehead Lost the hard drive. Had no prints, and no back-up. Never again.:no Again, sorry:( :( :( :(

Leesa, what a shame.

I know what it feels like in a less tragic way. My mother in law, wonderful woman, but she will throw out anything just to "tidy up." Drives me nuts. One day, I see a bunch of negatives in the garbage. I pick them out, look at them...they are good negs.

I had a little chat with 'Mom,' that ended with, "we never throw out negatives in this house."

I'm sorry for your loss.

Jeff

That's just horrible! I can only imagine your loss and for that I'm truly sorry :( But as Victor pointed out you still have those memories in the back of your mind. They are just a bit harder to stirr up now since you don't have the pictures for reference. Now it's time to shoot even more since you know you have a whole lot of storage space not having to save any for those lost negatives :D (not the best situation but you need to make the best of it...)

Lisa,
Sorry to hear about the loss.
I guess I am lucky, I have all my photos scanned and my parents and my inlaws get cd's in the mail about every 6 months.
What I really need to do is get to my Mom's family photo's and scan them( I'll need a month....) since if something happens to Mom, Dad and the rest of my siblings won't take care of those photo's.....but my sisters will fight over the baby grand.......

justleesa:
Hey! Wait!!!! Don't knock my cooking! :no (thanks for the laugh, much needed)

Thanks jscgt
Mmmm Lisas vanilla beef, Mmmmmm:wink:

I HATE whe exs leave and take MY pics with them. Take a couple to court to get them back.:light:

Back
Top Bottom