Philippine airlines carry-on weight limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm flying Tokyo - Manila and Manila - Busan (South Korea) on Philippine Airlines. Does anyone know how strictly the 7kg carry-on is limit enforced? I clearly can't get away with my usual 12.5kg roller, but wondering if they will freak out of I am 500g or so over.

I did LAX to Manila and Manila to LAX back in April/May....for me it wasn't enforced they should have charged the crap out of us but they didn't in either direction. On the way there we were in business but on the way back economy (figured on the way back they'd have charged us but they didn't).

All of our carry-ons were overweight: my personal camera bag, my roller, and my wife's stuff as well.

Every airline should enforce all the regulations published.
Pay the extra. PERIOD.

I have found that they always appear to weigh carry-on roller bags and can be pretty strict about the weight. Backpacks...not so much.

I use a 32L backpack as a carry-on and have never been checked. I do remember a trip in 2022 on a PAL flight from SFO to MNL and they were weighing everything and charging extra fees. The line of people to check-in was crazy long, very slow, and people were very angry. Worried my pack may be too heavy (I had just come off of a United connection and put on PAL due to a flight issue) I took out my back-up clothes and sweatshirt and put them on. Then loaded the munchies I had brought into my pockets. Of course, they never asked about the pack weight.

Better to be safe then sorry especially with PAL and make sure your bag weights are in compliance. This is the same for Cebu Pacific and Air Asia if you are doing any PI domestic travel. They have a 7kg max weight on carry-ons and they do weigh them.

Every airline should enforce all the regulations published.
Pay the extra. PERIOD.

If the problem is weight, then they should refuse to carry it, not charge for it. Smh

If the problem is weight, then they should refuse to carry it, not charge for it. Smh
Weight is NOT the issue eg. BA allows 23kg as hand carry.

Different airline has different idea on allowance for hand carry.
PAL is 7kg.
Passenger should know about the limit and regulation on luggage allowance.

Two options for the passenger:
1. Disposed of the excess weight because the airline won't carry it.
2. As check bag and pay the most expensive rate.

Back
Top Bottom