PG Dive Center question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also definitively recommend seariders.
They are quite cheap, and not overcrowded. In February, I did 18 dives with them.
All the dives were with a just a DM and me (I hadn't a buddy). For half of them, the boat went there just for me (no other client).
It's not a tek dive center, but they are not painful regarding to depth (several dives in the 45m range) or deco (up to 20mn), provided you are experienced enough.
Din tanks are available.

And I found an air con room + kitchen at 700P, in the little passage near them, which was quite convenient.

If that is true, it is very very sad. A great dive operation, top notch with great people.
:depressed::depressed:
My mate was planning a trip back there and was in touch with Trendy, who broke the news. Apparently staff were notified by email. Don't know why or when or any other details, or even if it's 100% confirmed. From what I hear she'll be doing some work out of Mermaid plus a bit of freelancing, and as has been stated Ethei has been freelancing for a while now anyway.

Anyway to the original poster, I would advise not to choose a dive centre based soley on cost. The price diffence in Sabang between operators is not significant in any case. Probably only about $5 a dive. If you stay a week and do 20 dives that's $100 extra, which is nothing. If you need to keep costs down do it on the accomodation. Sub standard accom won't kill you, but a substandard dive operator just might!
Dave

That really sucks for Trendy and Henri...:depressed: But they are a top notch instructor and banka driver; I'm sure they'll find something else! Good luck to them!:coffee:

My mate was planning a trip back there and was in touch with Trendy, who broke the news. Apparently staff were notified by email. Don't know why or when or any other details, or even if it's 100% confirmed. From what I hear she'll be doing some work out of Mermaid plus a bit of freelancing, and as has been stated Ethei has been freelancing for a while now anyway.

Anyway to the original poster, I would advise not to choose a dive centre based soley on cost. The price diffence in Sabang between operators is not significant in any case. Probably only about $5 a dive. If you stay a week and do 20 dives that's $100 extra, which is nothing. If you need to keep costs down do it on the accomodation. Sub standard accom won't kill you, but a substandard dive operator just might!
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom