PG Dive Center question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rach641

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

Will be traveling to Puerto Galera VERY soon and am still on the fence about which dive center to use. We are planning to do >10 dives, so would benefit from a center with lower rates for a multi-dive package. Unfortunately, financial considerations are one of our main issues, and we do not have our own equipment so will be adding in the rental cost. It seems that Dive Dojo is almost unanimously recommended, which is a reasonable option for us. Big Apple, however, has considerably lower rates, though I have been unable to find much information about the quality of the center, staff, equipment, etc. Anyone have any experience with this center or have any other recommendations that are on the more "budget" end? Would obviously love to save a little money, but not willing to sacrifice quality and safety. Thanks so much for your help!

Can't wait to arrive in paradise :)

Hi Rach, Divedojo is without a question a top quality dive operator; everything it top notch. But rates are on the higher end...:popcorn:

If you want lower rates, Asia divers have lower rates if you dive a lot, and is a reputable dive operation. So is La Laguna Beach Club. I'd also check out Captain Gregs for a better price. There are others with lower rates (and I'm sure others will be around soon to share their oppinions), but none that I can vouch for (having seen on hand how they operate).

I still highly recommend Divedojo. But if $$$ is tight, these other places can definetly be good options too...

Have fun in PG!!!!:coffee:

I have really created a monster!!! LOLOLOLOL

I have really created a monster!!! LOLOLOLOL

:rofl3::rofl3:

Nah, it was the great experience at divedojo that did that... Or maybe it was all the free beer...:rofl3::rofl3::cool2:

I used Mark at Searider in small LaLaguna this May. Check out his website and rates.
They can also get you accomadations in any price range you ask for.
They have good rental gear, rinse tanks for camera, regs, and other. Showers and bathrooms at the shop. They will also store your gear for you.
Serve coffee and tea on SI's.
Dive times are flexible and the groups are small, 4 or less.
They use a speed boat so dive sites are gotten too fast.
The DM's are great at spotting critters for you and you get to dive your air.
They even picked my whole family up at the ferry dock and took them all back, no charge.
You say you don't want to sacrifice quality or safety. well I felt the quality was top notch and as far as safety goes, they take it very seriouly from the dive briefing to the time you are back at the shop. I witnessed first hand a "panic" situation from a diver and the DM handled it with an expertise that was very impressive.
Anyway, check Mark at Searider out.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions - I really appreciate all the help from everyone!

Seeing as how nobody mentioned Big Apple, I'm getting the sense that might be a place to steer clear of.....but now have lots of awesome dive options.

Will keep you posted with where we end up diving and will try to write a proper trip report upon our return from 2 weeks in paradise.

Thanks again everyone and happy diving!

Rach, another option is to decide once there. There are so many different dive OPs there you can litterally walk around, visit them and ask questions, then decide...

Just another option...:coffee:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions - I really appreciate all the help from everyone!

Seeing as how nobody mentioned Big Apple, I'm getting the sense that might be a place to steer clear of.....but now have lots of awesome dive options.

Will keep you posted with where we end up diving and will try to write a proper trip report upon our return from 2 weeks in paradise.

Thanks again everyone and happy diving!

i wanna go diving :sad2:

Jag

Stop your winning!!!!:mooner: You live 1.5 Hours away from world class diving at an average price of 25$ US a dive... I live 2 hours away of 12 degC, high current, low visibility, freshwater, colorless substrate and aquatic life, average 45$ US a dive, diving!!!!! If anybody should be winning, it should be me!!!!:D:D:D

Man I miss the PIs...:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom