PG - Asia Divers - El Galleon resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone dived with Asia Divers and stayed in El Galleon resort?

Is El Galleon or Lalaguna Beach Club better?

What is the divers : DM ratio?

Any comments?

I would go with El Galleon, some people may find LBC a little isolated. To get from Big Lala to Small Lala and Sabang, should you want to go to a bar or out for dinner is a little bit of a walk plus you have a little bit of a climb over the headland between Big and Small Lala...but like Rudi I've spent a lot of time at AD and I'm prejudiced.

Drew

Sir Drew...
great that we see again that way... hope you are fine. You spend time with AD ??? I thought you spend most of the time "down the road" with dave or on top of AD in "The Point"... hehe

cheers

Ahh, you know me so well :eyebrow: Yes, I spend my underwater time with Dave and Sam and my above water time in the Point drinking SMB...:beer::beer:

BabyD, I got to be honnest when trying to help others out! Although I love Divedojo and the gang there, it's not the best operator for everyone! As far as service goes, they're hard to be beat... But in this scenario, there are other desires to fullfill (beach, in house restaurant, etc...) that others would be better at.

If it was just up to me, In the original posters shoes, I would do exactly what I did for my last 2 weeks there (my girlfriend joined me there). I stayed at Lalaguna Beach club, but dove with Ethei at Divedojo. Got the best of both worlds... (at least for my tastes).

No use creating false expectations for people! Just gotta tell them what it's like and they'll know what's best for them...

PS. Next time I'm in the Philippines, I'm going to have to try to manage by your resort to meet you! mMybe try to get Ethei to tag along...

:coffee:

I can't believe that COD didn't recommend the DOJO!?!?!?! Asia Divers is a good choice. The guys (and gals) there always look after you. Tell Kelvin, Anabel, and Warren hello for me.

Matt, you are absolutely right and my choice of wording, was a bit lacking... I was trying to point out that with 10+ divers in a group (or boat), the dive operators can't always take you where you want to go. It's a lot more complicated trying to match 10 peoples desires, rather than 5-6. And this doesn't mean not getting to see what you wanted to see. The marine life there is so diverse that at any time, on any site, you can pretty much expect to see anything! Obviously, when the big resorts have fewer customers, they don't need to pack the boats as much and can be much more personalised...

but I can tell you for a fact that it is very rare that guest leave unhappy from any operators in PG.

As far as this is concerned, I'm not so sure about that...:blinking: I've talked to some people who were changing dive operators over there because they weren't happy with their initial bookings... But hey, it happens! There aren't exclusively quality dive operators over there... But I must admit; the general level is very high in my oppinion...

Oh, and by the way, the only reason I didn't mention Atalantis was because of the Beach requirement...:popcorn: You guys have a very nice Operation running there! Especially TonTon at the 50bar...:D

Cheers!:coffee:

:D

No probs... I didn't mention atlantis on purpose to avoid Rudi's wrath! :14:

I dive with AD for fresh dry towels and great hot shower after each dive! (feel like being on aggressor boats ) and of course The point Bar! :)

I'll attach a few photos... one thing you'll notice is the "crowded" condition of the boat :wink: The photos should also give you an idea of the layout and what to expect when you get there.

How many dives you want to do a day will probably be something to think about.... I've talked to some of the smaller operators there and they ususally only schedule three dives a day and don't offer a daily night dive. They will go out more if the guest wants to, but they want to have at least 2-3 divers to do that.

Asia Divers schedules five a day which I believe is more than any other operator there. That also gives you greater flexibility about when you go diving. Stayed up late last night? Skip the morning dive. Like to be up early? Go for a walk down to the end of Small La Laguna and back (where there is a little larger beach) have breakfast at El Galleon (I highly recommend the Australian Breakfast :wink:) and then walk next door to get ready for your morning dive :) It's your choice. They're also the only ones with a pier so no wading out to the boat ;-) (a minor thing I know, but it is convienent :D)

I stayed at El Galleon when I was in PG last May and I think it's a good compromise.... it's not so close to Sabang that you're getting all the noise that you have there. If you stay in Big La Laguna and you decide that you want to go out in the evening you're going to spend money on pumpboats to go over to Sabang.

I was quite happy with the service that I got at both Asia Divers and El Galleon. They have a pool, restaraunt on-site, and of course The Point Bar, which DOES have the best view on the beach :) Overall, I would recommend them :)

Where ever you decide, I know you're going to have fun there!

Attachments

• El Galleon Beach Resort.jpg
    El Galleon Beach Resort.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Beachfront Sabang.jpg
    Beachfront Sabang.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Aisa Divers.jpg
    Aisa Divers.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 50
  • Diving Puerto Galera2.jpg
    Diving Puerto Galera2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 50
  • White Beach.jpg
    White Beach.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Sabang Beach.jpg
    Sabang Beach.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Puerto Galera Monkey Beach.jpg
    Puerto Galera Monkey Beach.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Puerto Galera Bangka.jpg
    Puerto Galera Bangka.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Sabang Preparing to Land.jpg
    Sabang Preparing to Land.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Small La Laguna Beach.jpg
    Small La Laguna Beach.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Small La Laguna Beach2.jpg
    Small La Laguna Beach2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 47
I dive with AD for fresh dry towels and great hot shower after each dive! (feel like being on aggressor boats ) and of course The point Bar! :)

And good Nitrox package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom