PG - Asia Divers - El Galleon resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And... Lalaguna Beach Club is the only place in Sabang you can find San Miguel Extra dry!!!!:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

As far as other operators are concerned, I think you need to decide on what you are looking for. A big, accomodations included, resort (like Asia divers)? Or a small, more personalised operation? There are very good operators of both types over there! What do you prefer? You'll get a very different diving experience depending on what you choose...

Cheers!:coffee:

-I prefer small dive group, 4 or less divers per dive master.
-Close to a nice and quiet resort or have a nice quite onsite resort (prefer swimming pool).
-Close to or have a good onsite restaurant.
-Prefer an oragnized and clean gear room with clean wash tank.
-Close to a nice beach with snorkeling possibility.

Is El Galleon or Lalaguna Beach Club better?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Well, I actually stayed at Lalaguna Beach club, and the resort is nice. I didn't dive with them though, so I can't say anything about the size of the groups/boats or how the dive operation is handled. What I can say is LBC is on the more expensive side of the spectrum for rooms. Other than that, it pretty well fits what you are looking for!! It's a nice place...

Are you looking for 4 or less divers per DM? Or 4 or less divers per Boat? Because you can have 4 persons per DM and still be crowded on a dive site/ boat if they pack 4 or 5 such groups onto the same boat...

In general, the bigger resorts tend to have more people per boat and therefore cater less to your specific requests. If you're looking for small, personalised diving (that will take you where you want to go), you need to look at the smaller dive shops. But then, you need to arrange accomodations seperately. In the smaller dive shops, the only one I really know well and can recommend is Divedojo (where I did my DM course). You tell them where you want to dive (what you want to see), and they'll take you, as long as it is within your abilities and the conditions permit (tides). There are other such shops, you'll just need to shop around a bit over there to find them.

But in the more resort style, I'd stay with Laguna Beach club any day...

Hope this helps a bit!:coffee:

-Close to a nice and quiet resort or have a nice quite onsite resort (prefer swimming pool).

Thanks.

LBC is another one of my Top3. If you don't travel in high season you will have no problems to be in a very small group at AD. They have enough boats and guides that they can cater everybodys needs. But 5 minutes walk to BigLalaguna and a kind of nice beach. From your requirements I would say LBC or AD.

I can't believe that COD didn't recommend the DOJO!?!?!?! Asia Divers is a good choice. The guys (and gals) there always look after you. Tell Kelvin, Anabel, and Warren hello for me.

You tell them where you want to dive (what you want to see), and they'll take you, as long as it is within your abilities and the conditions permit (tides).

I think if we are all honest then this happens at the big operators as well. I think AD or LBC(or any other bigger operator) would be concerned if their customers weren't getting to dive where they wanted.

Just because an operation is doing a lot more people doesn't mean those people don't get to see what they want, six divers per boat max, divers of similar abilities and interests; it's not rocket science. The smaller ops like to use this against the others, but I can tell you for a fact that it is very rare that guest leave unhappy from any operators in PG.

Of course wishes cannot always be fulfilled, but I'm sure that happens from time to time at dive dojo too :D

DA has five scheduled dives a day, usual times are 9am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm (night).

How many dives does LLB schedule a day?

Thanks.
If being in a quiet area is important to you then Big La laguna beach (LBC) is the quietest beach compared to small la laguna and sabang.

Also, as codman says, Big LL has the widest beach. There's snorkelling that's beach accessible for the family to enjoy while you are out diving. Small La laguna and Sabang are pretty rocky before any nice snorkelling commences plus a lot of boat traffic to deal with. To be honest though it's better to rent a bangka and head over to a snorkelling place like Coral Garden.

hmmm my answer might be a bit one-sided as I was working for them, but I think AD is in the Top 3 in PG

Rhoody

Hey Rudi, where are you now? Are you still in Dumaguete?

And you are wondering who this is, its Drew Childers. If you are having trouble putting a face to the name, check out my SB photo gallery for a pic.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom