http://www.diveheart.org/

Petition CDC to Lift Travel Advisory to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just heard an item on NPR about the effect of the Flu Scare on the region. The numbers of people out of work is staggering.

Swine Flu Takes Toll On Mexico Tourism Industry : NPR

Very unfortunate this. I hope there won't be a second wave of media-driven hysterics to put the nail in the coffin.

Didn't we have one of these threads moved to the big one already?

No, he started it here and got moved to Good Causes. Since his got moved, you replaced it...???

Started this thread to better describe what the petition thread was about. At the time, the original post wasn't drawing viewers.

According to recent Mexican press, the CDC is perceived as biased against Mexico. Some other countries have lifted travel restrictions to Mexico and the number of new cases in Mexico has dwindled. Number of cases in the US is increasing yet there are no travel restrictions and few public preventative measures in force within the country. Mexico responded to this flu outbreak quickly and decisively and helped the world. Now Mexico is faced with very tough economic times because of a US quasi-government organization.
(These are not my statements but I agree with them.)

COZ is definitely getting a bum rap.
However, the CDC isn't the main culprit... it's all about "cover" for consolidating power and ramming nationalized health care through. The CDC and the media are just willing pawns in the game.
Petition, by all means. Just don't expect any action based on facts about the flu... it isn't about the flu.
><>

IX&#920;Y&#931;;4420548:
COZ is definitely getting a bum rap.
However, the CDC isn't the main culprit... it's all about "cover" for consolidating power and ramming nationalized health care through. The CDC and the media are just willing pawns in the game.><>

Here Here!

At last, somone speaks the truth about all this. I'm just waiting for Obama to use this as his reason for emergency action on nationalized health care. His top guy Rahm Emanuel said it best when he said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

:shakehead:

Here Here!
I think you meant "hear hear"...?

Then there's the Biblical: "If any man have an ear, let him hear"

I love this approach: I am not an epidemiologist, I just pretend to be on on the internet and when real epidemiologists put out a warning for what they consider to be good cause it's fine with me unless it might effect my favorite dive spot, in which case I will prevent the spread potentially dangerous organisms by signing a petition.

And then there's our usual crew of extremist conspiracy buffs - wow! Get a grip on reality. Learn some basic biology. Understand that we need to be very careful 'cause density dependent phenomena are the most dangerous challenges that we are going to face ... terrorism is a popgun in comparison.

And then there's our usual crew of extremist conspiracy buffs - wow! Get a grip on reality.

What conspiracy? I'm talking about tactics not conspiracies. Do I believe this particular outbreak was blown a little out of proportion before the facts were in? Yes. Do I believe it was on purpose? No. Do I believe that the baffoons at the CDC and the State Department could have done a much better job with their travel warnings with regards to naming specific locations/Cities to avoid instead of just naming a whole country? Yes.

Is it a fact that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's right hand man, said he likes to use a crisis to get legislation passed that he otherwise could never get enough support for? YES!!!!!

It's not a conspiracy. It's the acknowledged playbook of the current administration.

What conspiracy? I'm talking about tactics not conspiracies. Do I believe this particular outbreak was blown a little out of proportion before the facts were in? Yes.
If you wait till all the facts are known you run a very real risk of "epidemic proportions."
Do I believe it was on purpose? No. Do I believe that the baffoons at the CDC and the State Department could have done a much better job with their travel warnings with regards to naming specific locations/Cities to avoid instead of just naming a whole country? Yes.
I know several people who work for the CDC, I'd hardly call them, "buffoons." I used to work for the State Department (AID) and I'd hardly call the career staff, "buffoons."
Is it a fact that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's right hand man, said he likes to use a crisis to get legislation passed that he otherwise could never get enough support for? YES!!!!!
I believe that is the normal political process. This comes as a shock? Chaney screeching about terrorism ... Giuliani whining 911 - 911 - 911 till it became a stock joke.
It's not a conspiracy. It's the acknowledged playbook of the current administration.
All administrations when it comes to the legislative process, but your complaints concerning the CDC are unwarranted and misapplied.

I know several people who work for the CDC, I'd hardly call them, "buffoons." I used to work for the State Department (AID) and I'd hardly call the career staff, "buffoons."
Chaney screeching about terrorism ... Giuliani whining 911 - 911 - 911 till it became a stock joke.

So you have a personal stake in all of this? That explains it. Why is it that you say people that disagree with your guy are conspiracy theorists but when you accuse Cheyney or Guiliani it's ok? The CDC had a much different take on this flu and a much different and more harsh travel advisory than the WHO. Why is that? Are you saying the WHO are baffoons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom